• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Here's an idea. We have a seperate thread specifically for updates. Anybody who is interested can subscribe to it. A mod locks the thread and only updates it when there's new news.

Guarantee....as soon as the stay is lifted there will be at least 1/2 dozen new threads proclaiming the news. ;):rolleyes::D

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm not mean spirited. Call them lke I see them.Seems like I struck a nerve huh?Judges' heart composition have nothing to do with the decision. I'm not going to drive this thread off topic any more than it has been.

Gotta go feed Toto.

And in doing so your one of the biggest winers here. All ideas and posts you don't agree with is wining in your eyes. If you're really interested in improving this thread send in posts we can learn from or are thought provoking instead of the constant wining about the posts that have ideas that are different then yours.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I hate to be off topic but maybe escapellate can chime in.

Since it was rule that it has to be a tax. Does it have to go back to congress and get a 2/3rds majority vote now?

Actually, there in lies the endgame here...no it doesn't. It's a tax and the bill originated in the house so therefor it only needs a 51/49 senate vote to pass w/ no cloture vote.

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not mean spirited. Call them lke I see them.Seems like I struck a nerve huh?Judges' heart composition have nothing to do with the decision. I'm not going to drive this thread off topic any more than it has been.

Gotta go feed Toto.
    I find it totally ironic that there are so many on here whining about "whiners".

Those same members, so absorbed in rightly and indignantly "whining" about their second amendment rights have no reluctance in trashing the first amendment rights of other forum members just because they have different opinions!

I don't want to do battle with other forum members as I like to think we're all on the same team. However, I believe I should have the right as a forum member to expect my opinions, concerns, and questions to be treated with the same respect as anyone elses without being disparaged.

First amendment rights are just as important as 2nd!

So if you're one of those who have been whining about whiners please pause, think, and let's stop "eating our own".

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The problem with forums, that you have to join and have a user agreement, is that there is no expectation of 1st amendment rights. The owners/moderators can (if they wish) edit/delete/change anything you say with absolutely no expectation of 1st amendment security.

While it does not happen on this board (Thank you to all of the Admin/Mods) that often, I have had no issue with how they run the board and delete off topic posts from threads.

Just something to think about for those that think they have a 1st amendment right to post what they want and have it treated the same.

Sorry to turn the steering wheel further off topic.

DB

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    The problem with forums, that you have to join and have a user agreement, is that there is no expectation of 1st amendment rights. The owners/moderators can (if they wish) edit/delete/change anything you say with absolutely no expectation of 1st amendment security.

While it does not happen on this board (Thank you to all of the Admin/Mods) that often, I have had no issue with how they run the board and delete off topic posts from threads.

Just something to think about for those that think they have a 1st amendment right to post what they want and have it treated the same.

Sorry to turn the steering wheel further off topic.

DB
    Although you are technically correct in that owners/moderators reserve editorial rights, of course we all have an expectation of first amendment rights. This is because those editorial rights are there to protect members not from what we are saying but the way it is said. Ipso facto - copied from our own rules: -:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."Nobody [you included I'm sure] would suggest that the moderators of this site wish to "stifle" a civilly stated opinion?

Any "hatespeak" appearing on this forum is coming not from those being accused of whining, but those doing the accusing and it needs to stop!

My previous comments stand.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Although you are technically correct in that owners/moderators reserve editorial rights, of course we all have an expectation of first amendment rights. This is because those editorial rights are there to protect members not from what we are saying but the way it is said. Ipso facto - copied from our own rules: -:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."Nobody [you included I'm sure] would suggest that the moderators of this site wish to "stifle" a civilly stated opinion?

Any "hatespeak" appearing on this forum is coming not from those being accused of whining, but those doing the accusing and it needs to stop!

My previous comments stand.

You selectively quoted the rules from this thread: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=56622

You have no 1A rights on this forum, period. Don't believe me? Read the next sentence following the end of your quotation, emphasis mine:

DD214 said:
    The moderators of Maryland Shooters reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread, and/or ban or restrict any member for any reason.

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    You selectively quoted the rules from this thread: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=56622

You have no 1A rights on this forum, period. Don't believe me? Read the next sentence following the end of your quotation, emphasis mine:
    And respectfully, you sir are selectively misinterpreting my comments by not considering them in their entirety and context. I also stated:

"Nobody [you included I'm sure] would suggest that the moderators of this site wish to "stifle" a civilly stated opinion?"

Those rules are in place to protect against the uses that I [and the stated rules] delineate, NOT to edit ANY civil discourse.

Enough is enough already.....it is self defeating for those that feel morally superior to divide this group into "whiners" and their own group of self righteous super intellectuals simply based on a difference of opinion.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Today is the day,
    to lift the stay.
    In remembrance of Independence Day!

Our founders once abandoned a king,
    Who tried to control, regulate and tax everything.
    In a new world they would again sing.

They didn't want to start again,
    But they could only live as free men.
    A lesson lost on Sheridan.

Liberals tried to have thier way,
    Fewer guns, less crime, they say
    Feelings, not facts - the game they play

"Maryland's finest" will still make hay
    Even after courts lift the stay.
    But Shall issue is still better than may.

Happy Birthday to the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I find it totally ironic that there are so many on here whining about "whiners".

Those same members, so absorbed in rightly and indignantly "whining" about their second amendment rights have no reluctance in trashing the first amendment rights of other forum members just because they have different opinions!

I don't want to do battle with other forum members as I like to think we're all on the same team. However, I believe I should have the right as a forum member to expect my opinions, concerns, and questions to be treated with the same respect as anyone elses without being disparaged.

First amendment rights are just as important as 2nd!

So if you're one of those who have been whining about whiners please pause, think, and let's stop "eating our own".

:beer: very well said and I can't agree more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom