• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Doing a DMR’ish build. Looking at bipods. I don’t have a problem putting money into good parts, but bipods have me stumped. Price range from $30-300 plus. Using a PRI carbon fiber forend with picatinny rail mounts. What am i missing that a bipod costs $300?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Largely bling and cool factor. For field use or tactical/dmr, I don't think you can go wrong with a notched leg Harris swivel bipod. 6-9 or 9-13.

Atlas are nicer built, but I don't see the value.

For target shooting, some of the more expensive bipod have micro elevation adjustments which are great for bench shooting or fclass.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Largely bling and cool factor. For field use or tactical/dmr, I don't think you can go wrong with a notched leg Harris swivel bipod. 6-9 or 9-13.

Atlas are nicer built, but I don't see the value.

For target shooting, some of the more expensive bipod have micro elevation adjustments which are great for bench shooting or fclass.

That makes sense if it’s “field grade” vs competition. Thanks for the input.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Magpul just came out with bipods....

As for the Atlas $300+ type bipods, you are likely paying for features the average shooter will never use, but will look cool at the range. Looking at the features, you're paying for independent leg movement and pan/tilt capabilities most bipods don't have.

Harris swivel 6-9 or 3-6 works for me.

Q

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Looks cool, I'll have to play with it in person but looks promising. I just don't know how the legs adjust, notches?

Watch the video. You can see depressions in the legs when they're extended, I think the top "button" is pushed to adjust them.
    These look interesting, I might have to pick one up.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Harris makes well built and sturdy bipods.

The ones I own have never failed me.

Unlike the weak springed and prone to falling apart Chinese copies.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Mind letting me know how it does? If it is worth it, I might put it on a 308 DMR I am slowly building. Oh and after the Aero handguard fiasco I went through, I won't be buying a set of Aero M5 handguards for this beast.

Absolutely. Probably won’t get the rifle out for a couple of weeks. Lower built. Messed up my lapping tool, so waiting for Midway to ship another to finish the upper. Forend should be in this week. Scope leveling kit should be in this week.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Absolutely. Probably won’t get the rifle out for a couple of weeks. Lower built. Messed up my lapping tool, so waiting for Midway to ship another to finish the upper. Forend should be in this week. Scope leveling kit should be in this week.

You running an AR-15 or an AR-10? I have lapping tools for both and a DeWalt 20v Li-Ion cordless drill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom