• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Piney Mountain Corp. in the Cranesville Rd/Maple Glade Dr area. It has been a zoned for camping area, but from what I've been told, is about to change? I have a friend who is very interested in a lot maybe and I'd like to hear from someone up there in the know what the actual plans are for that region. :)

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I owned a lot there for several years. There are homes there but not a ton. I'm not sure where you got the camping zoning from. The problem is that most of the lots are not building lots. Another problem is that the roads suck. The primary reason to buy in there is so you can ride your ATV on the property. Your friend needs to make sure the lot is a building lot. Have him use Craig Ingram, a local RE attorney.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Not sure what they’re doing there but a building lot in Garrett county needs to be 2 acres if it is going to have a septic system. I’m not sure of the requirements if it were in a town with sewer, but since you mentioned Cranesville Road I figure it’s gonna be a septic system.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I owned a lot there for several years. There are homes there but not a ton. I'm not sure where you got the camping zoning from. The problem is that most of the lots are not building lots. Another problem is that the roads suck. The primary reason to buy in there is so you can ride your ATV on the property. Your friend needs to make sure the lot is a building lot. Have him use Craig Ingram, a local RE attorney.

Not sure what they’re doing there but a building lot in Garrett county needs to be 2 acres if it is going to have a septic system. I’m not sure of the requirements if it were in a town with sewer, but since you mentioned Cranesville Road I figure it’s gonna be a septic system.

Thanks guys. It was kinda out of the blue for me. I will relay the info. I really appreciate your help. :thumbsup:

jimv8eatr

Hooligan #4.5
    Oct 16, 2012
    McHenry, MD

This...

I grew up riding in Yock. There is no camping area anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom