• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm betting that the African American gentleman who will be getting an unrestricted permit might also not vote for his father come November. And he might tell a few friends about his experience tonight. Seemed like a nice guy, I'm sure he's got a few friends.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Now is not the time to analyze Hogan's report card . That day is April 16 ( Sine die plus 6 days ).

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Kinda sounds like the 1-200 folks that have been allowed to get thru the hgrb scheme and those business owners with enough time and money to get thru it also don’t care if we have a pro 2a governor or mga as long as they got theirs

Has joe the ditch digger gotten his unrestricted permit with self defense yet? Oh that’s right, no permit for those who don’t fit the scheme.

Y’all are right, let’s bitch at the folks who want a pro 2a governor on a pro 2a forum.

Any thing to do with pro 2A would be the kiss of death. At all the debates Brown was stating he was in with the MD shooters forum. If Hogan did what we would like it would prove him right and spoil any chance of another 4 years. I like the state a whole lot better than where we would be with Brown or any other Dem. Keep the faith and maybe things will get better.

So you're ok with him ignoring gun owners for his own political gain? I got news for you, he's not going to help us even if he gets re-elected...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually in regards to Muleskinner's post above, I'm realistic about being totally ignored by Gov is a relatively benign outcome .

Actively working against us , or actually placing pen against us is not .

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Actually in regards to Muleskinner's post above, I'm realistic about being totally ignored by Gov is a relatively benign outcome .

Actively working against us , or actually placing pen against us is not .

It's actually really disheartening that being ignored by the Gov is a win.:sad20:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It's actually really disheartening that being ignored by the Gov is a win.:sad20:

hey, only in Maryland is nothing considered something.

here we wish for nothing and celebrate when we get it.

wishing for something, anything is frowned upon and to be hazed over.

how dare anyone want something when we all know nothing is something.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    hey, only in Maryland is nothing considered something.

here we wish for nothing and celebrate when we get it.

wishing for something, anything is frowned upon and to be hazed over.

how dare anyone want something when we all know nothing is something.

So either he is a coward or he is part of the status quo. Neither is a good thing. If he is using his indifference to gunowners as a form of political pass over to get re-elected I hope he does not get re-elected. At least the Democrats are honest about their agenda towards the 2A community and do not want or need its vote to be re-elected can Hogan say the same thing.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Not to the left in Maryland, they're not. They get things done, because they have more voters in the public who support those positions. It's that simple.

not only that but the left has a plan to disarm us, they've had it for many many decades. the stick to the plan, they stick together, they don't sway and act as a unified force.

republicans and other conservatives have no plan and scatter like cock roaches when a lights turned on at the first hint of any problems or push back from the left.

its embarrassing.

Maryland's opposition party this year stood nearly 100% with the enemy!!!
    what kind of plan is that?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    not only that but the left has a plan to disarm us, they've had it for many many decades. the stick to the plan, they stick together, they don't sway and act as a unified force.

republicans and other conservatives have no plan and scatter like cock roaches when a lights turned on at the first hint of any problems or push back from the left.

its embarrassing.

Maryland's opposition party this year stood nearly 100% with the enemy!!!
    what kind of plan is that?

The left has a lot more voters in this area, as in so many similar areas. That drives everything. Many of them are focused on single topics, but most are more interested in broad political control, not obsessed about single things. They collect enough people under that umbrella to keep their politicians in office. Simple.

To the extent we want any influence whatsoever (even if just the ability to introduce legislation or speak out against it in hearings), we need to at least have some seats in a state where we know we will never win in a straight-up legislative vote, ever. Purity tests that throw out people who might be able to do SOME actually workable push-back against and containment of the Dem majority, and then try instead to elect people who pass the one-note purity test but - because they are unelectable a la, say, Judge Moore, because they're unable to appeal to a wider group of voters - end up giving the seat away to Dems ... that's politically suicidal.

From what I can tell, you're all about purity tests, even if being satisfied that you've forced that test, you know you're giving more seats away to the party that's guaranteed to act against your preferences on every single topic, always. Assuming you have any other topics that are dear to you. I also run businesses in this state. I pay huge taxes and face high overhead (would you like to try running your business in lower MoCo? No? I understand). I face crazy regulatory burdens and insane administrative paperwork requirements. I think about all of that, and know that anything that would give Dems more seats because I unable to vote for a a GOP candidate that didn't dance to my tune perfectly on one topic would make things WORSE.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    The left has a lot more voters in this area, as in so many similar areas. That drives everything. Many of them are focused on single topics, but most are more interested in broad political control, not obsessed about single things. They collect enough people under that umbrella to keep their politicians in office. Simple.

To the extent we want any influence whatsoever (even if just the ability to introduce legislation or speak out against it in hearings), we need to at least have some seats in a state where we know we will never win in a straight-up legislative vote, ever. Purity tests that throw out people who might be able to do SOME actually workable push-back against and containment of the Dem majority, and then try instead to elect people who pass the one-note purity test but - because they are unelectable a la, say, Judge Moore, because they're unable to appeal to a wider group of voters - end up giving the seat away to Dems ... that's politically suicidal.

From what I can tell, you're all about purity tests, even if being satisfied that you've forced that test, you know you're giving more seats away to the party that's guaranteed to act against your preferences on every single topic, always. Assuming you have any other topics that are dear to you. I also run businesses in this state. I pay huge taxes and face high overhead (would you like to try running your business in lower MoCo? No? I understand). I face crazy regulatory burdens and insane administrative paperwork requirements. I think about all of that, and know that anything that would give Dems more seats because I unable to vote for a a GOP candidate that didn't dance to my tune perfectly on one topic would make things WORSE.

How do things get worse?

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    is this true not reading it on the 1302 thread

As Per R&R post #965
    JH: I will pick up on your post later but first, we just got out of the Senate Judicial Proceedings committee room where there was a party-line vote to put the RED FLAG bill on to the Senate floor for a final vote that would push it to the Governor’s desk.

It was a 7-4 JPC vote, as follows:

Hough (R) NO
    Muse (D) yes
    Ready (R) NO
    Smith (D) yes
    Cassily (R) NO
    Lee (D) yes
    Norman (R) NO
    Brochin (D) yes
    Ramirez (D) yes
    Vice Chair Kelly (D) yes
    Chairman Zirkin (D) yes

We had Patriot Picket reps in the Committee room
    every time they met for about the last two weeks as this bill evolved, along with appearances by MSI and MPRA reps.

We know our presence moderated the Democrats worst impulse to go Total Infringement on our community. Our Friendly Senators said so. This bill is still UNLAWFUL, make no mistake.

Its a sad day for Md

hornbakerfella

Oct 6, 2016
    God's Country
    I voted for Hogan in good faith hoping he’d bring a good republican fight to the old line state. What I got is a RINO who panders to the left at any chance to make sure he’ll get re-elected and continuing eroding of my 2A rights. I guess I’m happier seeing him there rather than Brown, atleast my tolls went down?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well, the Maryland political landscape as a whole is disheartening. This is a state where a major criteria of a Govenor's legacy is whether they were sent to Federal Prison for their deeds as Governor.

In my above post , I didn't use the word "win" . But out of the range of possibilities for a Governor that actually gets elected , benign neglect is far from the worst outcome . If it stays that way , I could continue to defend the realpolitik of the situation. But actively signing things against us is jumping the shark .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom