• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    I have a Taurus Tracker 4" in .357 mag which I have owed for 6 years now. i love it! it is very accurate and for what I have used it for... reliable. Granted if I were a pro shooter with a wheel gun, like Jerry Miculek, I am sure it wouldn't hold up nor have the ability to be customized to that degree as those he uses. But for general shooting fun and HD... its a great bang (no pun intended) for the buck.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    My wife has the Taurus Tracker .357 Mag with the 6" barrel. We shot a few S&W .357 Mags, but, the heavier weight of the Taurus was more desirable over the lighter S&W. Here's a picture of my 17HMR, but, both guns are identical with the same scopes and mounts.

Attachments

• taurustracker17hmr.jpg
      taurustracker17hmr.jpg
      19.6 KB · Views: 141

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    A 357 is definitely on my wish list and I love my Rugers. That being said, I recently got a chance to feel the action on a 686 and wow! IMO it is worth the extra $ and I will wait until I get more laughing lettuce.

FR8TRN

Jan 28, 2010
    Clermont, FL
    What about something a little smaller like the Ruger LCR in .357 ?? We have been looking at one for my wife as a purse carry.....anyone??

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    What about something a little smaller like the Ruger LCR in .357 ?? We have been looking at one for my wife as a purse carry.....anyone??

I wouldn't. Unless she's really comfortable with the recoil, it's going to be harsh in that VERY light frame. Watch to see if they introduce the LCR in .327, if they do it will be PERFECT.

FR8TRN

Jan 28, 2010
    Clermont, FL
    I wouldn't. Unless she's really comfortable with the recoil, it's going to be harsh in that VERY light frame. Watch to see if they introduce the LCR in .327, if they do it will be PERFECT.

Even if she just uses the .38 rounds?? I know they have the .38 also but the .357 is a metal frame vs. Poly for the .38...

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Even if she just uses the .38 rounds?? I know they have the .38 also but the .357 is a metal frame vs. Poly for the .38...

I believe all of the LCR's are plastic, but I may be wrong. The Sp-101 is steel.

Sep 1, 2010
    FR8TRN,
    If you are looking for a purse gun for your wife, I went with the S&W 642CT Airweight. It is hammerless, so it doesn't snag on anything, and it comes with Crimson Trace laser grips from the factory (saves you about $100 over adding them later). She doesn't shoot it for fun since the small size and light weight make the recoil uncomfortable. However, she does practice with it to maintain proficiency. It is light enought that it goes into a coat pocket or purse whereas she might not carry a heaqvier gun.

I wasn't expecting much accuracy out of a 1-7/8" barrel, but when using the Crimson Trace at 7 yards, you could hide all 5 holes with a nickle. I've never shot a group that tight before. Have since added CT's to other guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom