• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    So good news, I decided to type a letter, and take all my supporting documents to the MSP. I got really lucky, I asked the receptionist who could I speak to about an hql denial, she told me I had to respond by email or in writing and I could request an informal review, so I said I have it in writing now, can I drop it off. she was lost lol.. so finally after she made some calls, she said have a seat someone who knows a little more about it will be out to talk to you. luckily the lady who reviews all applications and gets the approval signature from the LT came down and talked to me for about 5 mins, made some copies of the letter and documents I had. 2 hours later got a call from the LT that said that my denial, had been reviewed by him, and that he overturned it and approved my hql and it would be in the mail tomorrow. I also checked the site and its active with my license number and all :) :party29:

now the question is should I jump straight to the wear and carry or wait a bit? hmmm? My 16 hour course was completed the beginning of this week..

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So good news, I decided to type a letter, and take all my supporting documents to the MSP. I got really lucky, I asked the receptionist who could I speak to about an hql denial, she told me I had to respond by email or in writing and I could request an informal review, so I said I have it in writing now, can I drop it off. she was lost lol.. so finally after she made some calls, she said have a seat someone who knows a little more about it will be out to talk to you. luckily the lady who reviews all applications and gets the approval signature from the LT came down and talked to me for about 5 mins, made some copies of the letter and documents I had. 2 hours later got a call from the LT that said that my denial, had been reviewed by him, and that he overturned it and approved my hql and it would be in the mail tomorrow. I also checked the site and its active with my license number and all :) :party29:

now the question is should I jump straight to the wear and carry or wait a bit? hmmm? My 16 hour course was completed the beginning of this week..

Congratulations, that is really fantastic!!!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Move to another state and don't look back. Easiest thing to do!

Just how easy is it?

Please explain how someone moves from Maryland and keeps their seniority, pension fund, retirement, and gets an equal or better job?

How easy is it to up and move and instantly sell your home, and instantly find a new one?

Just how easy is it?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

I would wait until the expungement was 100% complete before applying for the w&c. They really don't want to approve anyone, but they sometimes have to. If they have even the slightest reason to deny you, they will take it.

They also really like to harp on the "lying on the application" thing. If you say, yes convicted, you are denied. If you say no conviction, they will say you lied.

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    I would wait until the expungement was 100% complete before applying for the w&c. They really don't want to approve anyone, but they sometimes have to. If they have even the slightest reason to deny you, they will take it.

They also really like to harp on the "lying on the application" thing. If you say, yes convicted, you are denied. If you say no conviction, they will say you lied.

Sounds like good advice, I think you're right.. I'll wait. Shouldnt be that much longer anyway.. Already been 4 months

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    My understating is that if the charge carried a year then but carries 2 years now then you are disqualified. Furthermore I’ve heard you have a certain amount of time to appeal after that you are out of luck. Did your denial say anything about an appeal? I’d move fast. Please keep us posted. If you aren’t a member of MSI time to join and use their resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Just how easy is it?

Please explain how someone moves from Maryland and keeps their seniority, pension fund, retirement, and gets an equal or better job?

How easy is it to up and move and instantly sell your home, and instantly find a new one?

Just how easy is it?
    No place in Maryland is 60 miles from another state. That is easy.

You have a hard question?

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Just how easy is it?

Just how easy is it?

Depends where you are in life. I'm retired. I could care less about seniority or a new job.

It may be time consuming to relocate but not very hard. Like many things in life the hardest part is pulling the trigger.

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    My understating is that if the charge carried a year then but carries 2 years now then you are disqualified. Furthermore I’ve heard you have a certain amount of time to appeal after that you are out of luck. Did your denial say anything about an appeal? I’d move fast. Please keep us posted. If you aren’t a member of MSI time to join and use their resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no thats not how it works, if you were sentenced to 1 year, but the charge couldve possibly carried a 2 or mor year maximum at that time, you are prohibited. What i had in 2003 is no longer a crime.
    furthermore I went into MSP the next morning and talked to someone and my hql went active that day(yesterday)

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017

That's awesome news. Congrats.

Chem

Aug 1, 2018

That's awesome glad to hear of your success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom