• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Does anyone residing in MD have a PA permit. I know they no longer accept Utah CC permit.

I do. I have a Maryland permit as a business owner and obtained a PA permit in Lebanon County (Southeast PA). Applied in person and received the permit in the mail in about 2 weeks. Very easy process.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Does anyone residing in MD have a PA permit. I know they no longer accept Utah CC permit.

I have a PA permit from when I was a resident. Not sure if it is still valid after the address change...hasn't expired though. :rolleyes:

Easy process. I was in Clinton County. Visited the sheriff on my 21st birthday. PICS check and a photo and I was out the door with my CCW.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Got mine in Buck Co. Easy as submitting copies of my MD DL, MD permit, uploading a pic and submitting payment online. Received a call 3 days later and was told I could pick it up in Harrisburg.

Last edited:

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    I have a PA permit from when I was a resident. Not sure if it is still valid after the address change...hasn't expired though. :rolleyes:

Easy process. I was in Clinton County. Visited the sheriff on my 21st birthday. PICS check and a photo and I was out the door with my CCW.

:secret: um, no it's not valid any longer. please refer to the PA STATE police website.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009

you must have a permit from your home state or the state that you declare a residency, in order to get the non-resident permit. security and armed guards are held to a different standard.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Got mine in York Co. Easy as submitting copies of my MD DL, MD permit, uploading a pic and submitting payment online. Received a call 3 days later and was told I could pick it up in Harrisburg.

Harrisburg? I picked mine up in downtown York. Easy peasy. Best $20 and 4 days I've ever spent....:D

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I've seen some people have issues getting CCW's in PA as non-residents depending on the county. I live in Baltimore county, what county accepts applications closest to Baltimore county?

thanks
    alex

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I use York County Sheriff's Department right downtown York. Easy drive up and easy to find once in town. Parking is a little rough but Saturday mornings easy to find a spot. Plus nice folks. Chris

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Don't go to York. Don't deal with the York permit commandos that'll issue a warrant for your arrest if you don't send a copy of your renewed MD permit. Go to Adams because they're not insane.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    A PA Court rules that PA residents must have a PA permit. PA no longer recognizes any NR permits. You must either live in PA or have a NR permit to carry in PA. A resident permit if you live outside PA is no good, as you are now a NR.

If you move out of PA, your PA permit is no longer valid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom