• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Shooters Choice in Dover had 9mm, .40, .45, .223, and I think 7.62. Got a box of 9 and a box of the .223

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    picked some .308, 5.56, and .45 up. who knows, maybe this stuff will have an insane mark up one day like the winchester black talons.. waste of money but the box looks cool :D

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Bought a few packs myself ...

Stocking stuffers for my gun-nut family and friends. Just wait until they open them up. :shocked2:

That reminds me ... I shouldn't hang those stockings to close to the fireplace. Wouldn't be prudent. :nono:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    2011-12-12 11.02.29.jpg

2011-12-12 11.02.57.jpg

...now if i could just get that hornady critical duty 135gr +p. That actually looks kickass.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    After the successful launch of Zombie Max

Next up for Hornady ...

Werewolf Max - Hollow points with silver insert

Vampire Max - You guessed it ... Hollow points with wooden insert

Progressive Max - Forget expensive hollow point rounds, kneecap 'em with a .22 and beat them with a rolled-up copy of the Constitution. They deserve a slow and painful demise ...

And an education to boot. :innocent0

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I think it's cool and will buy a box for decoration/conversation. However, I don't see it being a collector item since so many people bought it as such. The Black Talon was an entirely different situation due to the press and gov't getting into it.

Has anyone actually shot any of it? What does it really compare against?

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I thought it would be fun to build a box with a glass front, like a fire extinguisher box, with my AR and a box of that ammo inside. I would just set it up over my reloading bench when company came over. And of course put a label on it saying "in case of zombies, break glass."

I'm on vacation for the remainder of the year, so this might have to happen.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Next up for Hornady ...

Werewolf Max - Hollow points with silver insert

Vampire Max - You guessed it ... Hollow points with wooden insert

Progressive Max - Forget expensive hollow point rounds, kneecap 'em with a .22 and beat them with a rolled-up copy of the Constitution. They deserve a slow and painful demise ...

And an education to boot. :innocent0

i keep waiting for them to accept my design, the herpemax. It's a hornady ftx, only the polymer insert is replaced with a small vial of the herpes virus. If the badguy lives through getting shot, he'll be itching and burning for the rest of his life as a reminder that he f^cked with the wrong person.

Bertha

Aug 15, 2011
    Those look awesome. I will definitely have to get some of those for stocking stuffers.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I thought it would be fun to build a box with a glass front, like a fire extinguisher box, with my AR and a box of that ammo inside. I would just set it up over my reloading bench when company came over. And of course put a label on it saying "in case of zombies, break glass."

I'm on vacation for the remainder of the year, so this might have to happen.

This definitely has to happen. I might have to steal your idea. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom