• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGBRAD

Mar 9, 2007
    EASTERN SHORE OF MARYLAND
    Warning--MSP contacted me today to warn of thefts in the Parsonsburg MD & Pittsville MD area. Most have been daytime when nobodys home. alot of firearms have been taken. Please keep your eyes open and call MSP if you see something not just right.

thanks all:patriot:
    BIGBRAD

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I hear ya- I just found out that one of my neighbors down the street had his garage broken into and all of his firearms taken out of his safe.....

Please don't ask me why the safe was in the garage or whether it was locked (as I don't know if the phrase "taken out of the safe" means it was broken into or just opened up) :sad20: One of my neighbors told my wife so I haven't found out anything just yet (I'm out of town presently).
    Police believe someone must have been driving by and the garage door was up and the safe was noticed...:mad54:
    No one's "safe" these days....

Warning--MSP contacted me today to warn of thefts in the Parsonsburg MD & Pittsville MD area. Most have been daytime when nobodys home. alot of firearms have been taken. Please keep your eyes open and call MSP if you see something not just right.

BIGBRAD

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    I know people who have their safe in the garage because of the heavy weight issue.
    Lock the garage and keep the SAFE locked and you will be ok.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.

BIGBRAD

Thanks for the heads up Brad,

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I alwasy keep my safe locked with all of my rifles, handguns except one ....

I dont even tell anyone where my safe is since its something that i dont want people to mess around with.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I hear ya- I just found out that one of my neighbors down the street had his garage broken into and all of his firearms taken out of his safe.....

Please don't ask me why the safe was in the garage or whether it was locked (as I don't know if the phrase "taken out of the safe" means it was broken into or just opened up) :sad20: One of my neighbors told my wife so I haven't found out anything just yet (I'm out of town presently).
    Police believe someone must have been driving by and the garage door was up and the safe was noticed...:mad54:
    No one's "safe" these days....

I take it this was after they re-opened the bridge.

Flash

Jan 1, 2008
    Adams County Pa.
    I know people who have their safe in the garage because of the heavy weight issue.
    Lock the garage and keep the SAFE locked and you will be ok.
    I recently heard of a theft where the garage door was ripped off and a cherry picker on a one ton flat bed was used to lift the whole safe, guns and all. Nothing is safe if the criminal wants it bad enough.

runnning deer

Jan 26, 2008
    easternshore
    I would bolt the Gun Safe to the floor . Also invest in an alarm system for the house and garage.Keep the Gun Safe out of sight . Make it hard as possible and slow them down. People who break in , normally have a plan . Thats gets them in and out quick . If they think its going to take too much time . They might not even try it .

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I have said this on another board, having a safe in the open, not bolted to the floor and of very cheap construction is not really all that bad......

.....just make sure that the two $35 milsurp rifles that are unfireable, a few junk "saturday nght specials" (unfireable) and a rusted throway are in it and your real collection is in the good safe that is hidden and bolted to the floor.
    Figure that the theives will spend all their time on the strawman safe and they will take the cheap guns. That way they won't have time or intelligence maybe to look for the real safe, they won't have any guns that can be used in a crime and since they stole real guns (that won't work though) they may get a longer sentence if caught.

.....just a passing thought and probably not something I would actually do. :)

rickyford2

Jan 6, 2008
    I keep my safe locked, and it is actually hooked up to my alarm system for the house. Thanks for the heads up

Nice how much did that cost? Or was it just a littel more wirering?

Ricky

rickyford2

Jan 6, 2008
    Oh and if your do not have any littel kids you can sit you safe or the garage floor and hook it up to a high volt outlet and make sher its on good and all the wirer is hidded and then just flipp the braker off to get in. And it will act like a tasser gun if someone trys to get in. The guns do not care:D

rickyford2

Jan 6, 2008
    From what I remember it did not cost much more, and all the sensors for the alarms are wireless now so no wires running through the safe.

Cool thats realy cool but how dose it run on battery?
    If so that kinda sucks

Ricky

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    yea it uses 3 small watch type battery's, they said that I should replace them once a year, so I will change the battery, when I change the battery in my smoke detector, so having battery's is not all that bad IMO

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Oh and if your do not have any littel kids you can sit you safe or the garage floor and hook it up to a high volt outlet and make sher its on good and all the wirer is hidded and then just flipp the braker off to get in. And it will act like a tasser gun if someone trys to get in. The guns do not care:D

You want to know who will be the first one to get shocked if I were to set up like that??? You get three guesses and the first two don't count.

But seriously, I don't know if that will work anyhow. You can only connect one side of the VAC. The floor would be the ground. A thief would have to come in barefooted, and standing in water to get a really good shot. I'm not sure how much voltage you could get through a good pair of sneakers.

rickyford2

Jan 6, 2008
    You want to know who will be the first one to get shocked if I were to set up like that??? You get three guesses and the first two don't count.

But seriously, I don't know if that will work anyhow. You can only connect one side of the VAC. The floor would be the ground. A thief would have to come in barefooted, and standing in water to get a really good shot. I'm not sure how much voltage you could get through a good pair of sneakers.

My only guess is that you would get shocked and by the way it was a joke:shocking:

Ricky

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom