• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Two more days! I was on the web site to get the address for my GPS, and noted this:

Absolutely No toys, no candy, no food items, no drinks, no nutritional items, no handbags, no makeup, no hair products or accessories, no candles, no wickless candles, no clothes, no non-gun antiques, no t-shirts, no bumper stickers, no patches, no license plates, no tables to promote non-gun businesses, no flowers or flea market junk. No political campaigns, no travel agents, no raffles and no tables for any type of organization or charity asking for donations

So they do 4,000 tables of all gun? Wow, now I can't wait to see it.

snoopaloop

Mar 5, 2009
    Middle River
    Two more days! I was on the web site to get the address for my GPS, and noted this:

Absolutely No toys, no candy, no food items, no drinks, no nutritional items, no handbags, no makeup, no hair products or accessories, no candles, no wickless candles, no clothes, no non-gun antiques, no t-shirts, no bumper stickers, no patches, no license plates, no tables to promote non-gun businesses, no flowers or flea market junk. No political campaigns, no travel agents, no raffles and no tables for any type of organization or charity asking for donations

Mother of God...

So in other words, when walking through the doors light from heaven shines through the ceiling and angels sing.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Update from the show:

First of all, WOW! It is big--over 4,000 tables. It took me 2 and 1/2 hours to go end to end without doing any stopping other than to write down things I would like to look at again. They have sign posts at the middle of each table row with numbers, and dealers say "come back and see me, I'm at 12-D". There are two levels--really it's the last 1/4 of the show floor is about 10 feet lower than the main part.

Doors opened at 8:00. They don't open early at all! They gave the standard $10.00 discount and free admission with NRA membership, which is what I always do. The show costs $10.00, which is easily worth it ($25.00 NRA and show.)

The line was LONG. About like Chantilly. I was 1/2 way down and it took me 7 MINUTES to get in. That's right...they have a LOT of people taking your money and they want you in the door to buy stuff quick. I really liked that--even though I got here 1 and 1/2 hours early! But I was able to talk with a lot of other people from all over while waiting for 8:00 to roll around. California, Nevada, Minnesota, and more.

Not a lot of handguns--at least not new. Lots of shotties and rifles. Lots of WWII. I got to see both the Remington 870 marine magnum and the dark version (I forgot what they call the finish.) Going to get one in the near future! Everyone here is used to shipping to an FFL. They even have people up front that have lists of FFL's in each state that will take transfers.

This is definitely a BUYER's show. There are at least three of everything here. For example, a friend asked me to look for a SPAS-12. Prices ranged from $2,000 (NIB) to $1,100, all within three rows. Pretty much anything AR and AK was on sale here. Not a lot of Class III, but some nice silencers, and even Machine Gun rentals. Lots of MAGPUL gear and reasonably priced. PMAGS (30's) were $12.00--even though there was the occasional $19.00.

Dealers here are willing to deal. I didn't pay listed price for anything (but I only bought a few accessories.)

UZI's - it seems like everyone here has an UZI carbine for sale. Lots of custom stocks, barrels, shotgun barrels.

People here are really polite. It is getting elbow to elbow and everyone is patient and if someone is in a hurry, people get out of the way without fuss!

Ammo is at the door, and people bring their carts in to load up. LOTs of ammo here.

Although they post no toys, jewelry, etc, there are a few tables, but much less than at Timonium--and this is a way bigger show.

I feel snobby now. I feel like I can't look at another gun show the same way again. This is big and there is a lot of everything.

sooner

Mar 26, 2011
    Montgomery County
    Tulsa is my home town, I've been to that show many times. Lord how I miss that one. I hope you got to rub the boot of the Golden Driller for good luck. For those of you unfamiliar, it's a giant statue of an oil field roughneck painted gold. It's out in front of the building where they have the gun show. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom