Which B&T’s are Maryland legal? (APC9 Pro?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cms81586

Feb 8, 2018
    I want an APC9 Pro. Are they Maryland legal? If the B&T APC9 has in fact already been approved, does the Pro need a second MSP approval since it’s the same basic pistol with some slight redesign changes (charging handle location/removable pistol grip that takes AR PG’s instead of being molded into the lower)? Any dealers stock them in Maryland?

Thanks!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    In the past, if a handgun is being sold as another model, it usually needs to get approval.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    If the changes are minimal you might get it added to the roster as a "model addition only". New color, caliber or barrel length might qualify. Any larger change would need to have a sample sent in. And yes, it's the MSP's call as to whether a change is "minimal" or not. But the exact model number has to be on the roster or it can't be sold.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If the changes are minimal you might get it added to the roster as a "model addition only". New color, caliber or barrel length might qualify. Any larger change would need to have a sample sent in. And yes, it's the MSP's call as to whether a change is "minimal" or not. But the exact model number has to be on the roster or it can't be sold.

To add, many dealers are happy enough to work with you and MSP to have a model added. Just keep in mind it is likely going to add a few months of wait time and I’d imagine most dealers are going to want you buying the gun or paying for it up front.

LexiGold

Sep 1, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    If it just has the name and not the model number does that also mean it's approved. As long as the model is on the list?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231120-065111.png
      Screenshot_20231120-065111.png
      58.9 KB · Views: 30

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I believe the board changed it's policy to drop model numbers as too often different models numbers were assigned by different distributors for essentially the same gun.
    Beat me too it, model numbers changes are no longer a consideration for a hearing of the HGRB, the model simply gets added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom