• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • george g.

Jan 11, 2009
    Edgemere
    MY friend in pa. has a pistol for sale,can he bring it to the md. state police and transfer it to me? Or do we have to go through a dealer?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Got to go through an FFL here in MD, for th Federal form, and then you can go through the MDSP, or fill out the MD paperwork at the FFL, then the wait

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to do a transfer through MDSP you must BOTH be MD residents. The item must go through an FFL.

Whether the seller must ship it from an FFL in PA to the MD FFL or can send it himself I'm not 100% certain.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The MSP can NOT do interstate transfers. If you want your buddy can drive the gun to a MD FFL, that handles MD regulated firearms, and then you do the 4473 and the MSP paperwork. No need to do anything more.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    That's right MSP only do a transfer from MD resident to MD resident. The troopers at the front desk always asked me that same question while going through paperwork.

Otherwise, it's FFL route. If it is close by, I don't see why the seller can not just drive to FFL's place and do the transfer there. I did it several times to buyers in NOVA. Although, if it has to be shipped, "some" FFL will require that it is done FFL to FFL- which is getting more expensive. So, do ask the FFL person you are dealing w/, how he wants it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom