• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    Hello.

I'm from New England (MA, NH & ME) but am currently living in Silver Spring, MD. What a difference in a lot of people's outlook on firearms here in MD! I'm glad to have found this group.

I started shooting many years ago and was a member of a sportsmen's club in a fairly rural area in MA. I had a MA LTC (CCW) despite their strict firearms laws. I shot mostly pistols (I use the term to include revolvers) and trap. I used to compete in NRA .22 50' matches.

Over the last several years I've traveled abroad extensively and have had a lot of interesting experiences, including coming into contact with weapons not commonly seen on the streets around here. Now I'd like to resume recreational shooting. So I've joined this group to continue learning and hopefully meet people.

Jim

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 159

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Hello from near Downtown Silver Spring. Lemme know if you ever go out to Prince Georges County Trap & Skeet. Quite a few MDS'er's shoot out there. I don't do too much Trap, but they have a nice Sporting Clay course out that way. --JB

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    Thank you for all the greetings. I didn't know there were so many shooters nearby.

@JBinDC: I'm going Wed afternoon with a friend who hasn't shot before. I plan to go regularly and would like to meet. Please let me know if another time would be better. My schedule is flexible. .

Where do people around Silver Spring go aside from the PG Center, Gilbert's & MSAR? I would like to find a place where practical shooting is allowed.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Welcome on board from another friend in Montgomery County. In answer to your question about where to go to shoot apart from Gilbert's, there are not too many close by to you. If you are looking for an indoor range, there is the NRA range in Virginia, and two ranges in Frederick, The Machine Gun Nest and Heritage Training and Shooting Center. Both these ranges in Frederick are nice. There are also a number of outdoor ranges in the area but I'll let the others on this forum tell you more about them since I've never been to any of them.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom