• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sitting here bored on a Sunday night waiting for the Walking Dead to come on so I figured I'd start a new thread. Like the title says, whats the rarest C&R related firearm you own or have owned? I guess it doesn't have to be all related to just C&R stuff or just firearms so post whatever you want. I guess we can almost be certain that Mawkie has already won :lol2:

I'll start off, I'm a younger guy so i've only been into the collecting game for a few years. I've got quite a collection but not too many things that are "uber rare".

I'd consider my rarest to be my all matching French Mle. 1907/15 M.34 Berthier, and my U.S. surcharged M.1905 Ross Rifle (with the correct U.S. marked bayonet and sheath)

Not quite as rare I guess but you could say that it is pretty darn hard to find an all matching, all Imperial German K98AZ rifle, a Polish wz.29 rifle that is mostly matching (bolt m/m) and still retains the Polish eagle crest and an all matching Danish Krag Jorgensen.

Honorable mentions go out to my MO marked M38 carbine, non-refurbished French Mle 1892 artillery carbine and my M96 Swedish Mauser "presentation rifle"

Feel free to post anything you want! I would love to drool over all the stuff you guys have:D

Attachments

• DSCN2321.jpg
      DSCN2321.jpg
      56.5 KB · Views: 1,976
    • DSCN1946.jpg
      DSCN1946.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 1,944
    • DSCN1136.jpg
      DSCN1136.jpg
      63.5 KB · Views: 1,974
    • DSCN0973.jpg
      DSCN0973.jpg
      57.8 KB · Views: 1,953
    • DSCN1026.jpg
      DSCN1026.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 1,961

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    A 90% correct 1/43 SA M1 still wearing an original barrel (still in good shape) which were usually shot out and replaced during the war. I know M1s aren't all that rare but this was one built the same month my Grandfather enlisted and its special to me.
    20121220_090925.jpg
    [/IMG]

Only have a piece or to to complete it but they will be hard to find and expensive

I also have a practically unissued Post War HRA its pictured below with a bunch of its relatives
    IMG_8713_zpsc42f6786.jpg
    [/IMG]

My dad has a P38 with all the Nazi markings with matching mags and holster his dad brought home as a souvenir during the war.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Fell in love with this gun as soon as I saw it, never shot it and it's not very effective or useful, but it's definitely rare and scary looking enough to have been age restricted by youtube(can't allow kids to watch a video of a scary antique assault knuckle-knife-pistol:sad20:).
    1870's "French Apache knuckleduster" made by L. Dolne in Belgium, 7mm pinfire...

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I have a Hk P7M8, Tromix S17 and an Arsenal SLR 107UR SBR. Maybe not exactly rare, but certainly hard to come by these days.

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    I have to go get a good picture tomorrow, I'm in the same boat I don't have anything super rare. But I do have a Rock-ola M1 and a SVT 40 that I just purchased. With an honorable mention to my Persian Mauser.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Probably the silver and gold plated 1947 Argentine Sistema Colt .45 that appears very likely to have been a presentation piece in the early days of Peron's regime. The Argentine Ballester-Molina, beneath it, isn't particularly rare as a gun type, but Navy models in the sort of condition that it's in are very hard to find. Most were exposed to a lot of salt air and were corroded pretty early on. Finding any of the earlier military Ballesters with original finish in VG-EX condition is rare these days.

Attachments

• Army_Navy3.jpg
      Army_Navy3.jpg
      117.2 KB · Views: 1,802
    Last edited:

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I have two that would fit this category.

I own an 1887 Martini Henry Mark IV in excellent condition with bayonet and original sling. The other is a Gew 88 Commission Rifle in the original 8x57J chambering. Original barrel cover, shiny bore. I have a converted Italian Vetterli in 6.5mm Carcano, and a Nepalese Martini but these are guns that need work.

For C&R, I own a Mosin 91/59 in gorgeous collectors condition. I had originally offered this rifle up as a gift to a blogger for services rendered to the 2nd Amendment and was refused. So I added it to my collection.

Matt

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Well I have a '45 Rand M1911A1, a Springfield 1873 Trapdoor, among many other items. I think I would say my rarest is a KelTec Sub 2000 though. Good luck seeing one of those on a rack at a shop.

Wheelbrain

Aug 15, 2011
    Rockville, Maryland
    Mine is my great-grandfather's Smith & Wesson .38 Double Action Fifth Model. Only 15,000 were manufactured from 1909 - 11.

Unfortunately, it was renickeled - not much collector value left...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom