• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Geez, that is about like 130 miles from my location.

Is it worth for me to attend there and would i find any good deals ..but i know all of the MDshooters will be bidding all of those ...

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Last I heard it was over 50 guns so far, looks like another lonnnng night for you Brad if it's anything like the last one! :D I already brought an Ithaca over for consignment and may do something else as well.

BIGBRAD

Mar 9, 2007
    EASTERN SHORE OF MARYLAND
    We had 270 guns ,90 were handguns. I did checks on all the longguns ,except for 29 that nite . .I would have done them also but the NICS system shut down . long night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The auction should be a good one , alittle bird told me there might be an m4 in there.and maybe a Sig.
    later

spitzer

Mar 11, 2007
    St.Mary's County, MD
    Anybody know why Daves went out of business. :( I only went there once. It was when I happened to be hunting in the area and my brother asked me to go with him to check a deer on opening day of the firearm season. It seemed to be a really popular place and had a lot of folks from the community there for a contest. They even had a nice range in the back that folks were using.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Walmart selling guns
    Gander Mt selling guns
    Dicks selling guns
    Buying guns online

He had been in business for over 40 years, he's just had enough.
    He is one of the good guys, I spent a lot of money there. Anytime a gun shop
    closes we all loose.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Does Dave receive all of the proceeds or is some of it going to charity? Regardless it looks like there will be some great deals, Im really thinking about going down.

spitzer

Mar 11, 2007
    St.Mary's County, MD
    VNVGUNNER - Thanks!

40 years is a long run. As I recall, it was a nice shop with a good selection and reasonable prices. He had one thing going there that WalMart will never have and you sure can't get from the internet sales - tradition.

Competition is fierce. Everybody wants a better price. Business models that are built along the lines of the old-school when the ony game in town was local gun shop either have to change their model or accept a smaller piece of the market share. I feel we need these little guys to keep our traditions alive. I only wish they were more willing to restructure their business model to compete.

It can be done!

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    He closed on a Sunday I went the day before and scarfed up on some 30% off deals. He was a little off the beaten path for me but still a nice shop worth hitting once in awhile. he had some GREAT signs (Winchester, Browning ect) that will probably go at the auction.
    There are two dinky little places in Bishopsville that are also really nice to hit once in awhile.

Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    Black Bart,
    Don't forget Wink's in Princess Anne. He usually beat Dave's prices.

Did anybody go? I was looking at that single six 22 revolver but couldn't get out of work in time. Just wondering what it went for.

Any other good deals I missed out on?

Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    I'm looking for a single six in trade for a SW 22S with 5.5 bull barrel. A benelli M1 barrel would also be nice.

I have a friend looking for a benelli 12 guage in all black.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I'm looking for a single six in trade for a SW 22S with 5.5 bull barrel. A benelli M1 barrel would also be nice.

I have a friend looking for a benelli 12 guage in all black.

I had 3 Benneli barrels a while back, ebayed them all out. I have a buddy who is Benelli shotgun rich, he has two Nova's and a SBE (I think) that he wants to part with. I don't know color, been a long time I was inside his safe.
    The ones I'll part with is a 870 Deluxe, Browning B 80 (made by Beretta and a really nice Belgian Auto 5)

Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    Thanks for the offer but I'll hold off for now.
    My friends limit is $800 on a benelli. Possible, but he's going to have to get lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom