When might Beretta APX Carry get on the roster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Did a quick search and didn’t find the Beretta APX Carry on the MD roster. The APX is, but that’s the only one in the family. Anyone know if this one is on the list for consideration? Or, because of capacity, are they just ignoring it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Never noticed that the Centurion and Compact are not on there, I guess because it’s modular. They approved my Centurion purchase last year without issue. Since the Carry is a new gun and not interchangeable with the other APX models it probably does need to added (common sense says it’s an APX, it’s fine, but we know licensing isn’t controlled by common sense).

You can email the roster administrator and find out, she’s been very helpful in resolving an incorrect model number issue when I emailed her. Licensing though hasn’t fixed it on their end. She should be able to tell you if it needs to be added and if it’s been submitted for review yet.

Rachel Rosenberg - rachel.rosenberg@maryland.gov

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Never noticed that the Centurion and Compact are not on there, I guess because it’s modular. They approved my Centurion purchase last year without issue. Since the Carry is a new gun and not interchangeable with the other APX models it probably does need to added (common sense says it’s an APX, it’s fine, but we know licensing isn’t controlled by common sense).

You can email the roster administrator and find out, she’s been very helpful in resolving an incorrect model number issue when I emailed her. Licensing though hasn’t fixed it on their end. She should be able to tell you if it needs to be added and if it’s been submitted for review yet.

Rachel Rosenberg - rachel.rosenberg@maryland.gov

Thanks. I’ll inquire.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    “If the manufacturer considers the APX Carry a model APX and it is engraved as such, then it would be already approved. “

Called Beretta and it is engraved as an APX. So it’s approved. In fact, all models of APX are approved in 40 S&W and 9 mm.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    “If the manufacturer considers the APX Carry a model APX and it is engraved as such, then it would be already approved. “

Called Beretta and it is engraved as an APX. So it’s approved. In fact, all models of APX are approved in 40 S&W and 9 mm.

That's good to know, I'll have to pick one up in the future.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    That's good to know, I'll have to pick one up in the future.

There’s more. Beretta responded to MSP with the following:

“the APX Carry is actually smaller and has a different operating system than the standard APX. We have not yet submitted the APX Carry for Roster Board approval but we plan to do so soon."

So it’s not available for MD purchase yet. Looks like it may make the September review for the October list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom