• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Ship to a UPS store. Your name with a street address. I use the one in Shrewsbury. There's a small fee for the service.

I use them also. Just be aware that they can not accept anything shipped USPS unless you have a box there. UPS is ok. Last time I used them it was $3 per package. They will call you when your package comes in if you give them a heads up.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    After reading this thread, I am so happy I have a son that lives in PA. Gun store, mail order, or gun show, I can get just about anything I'd like.

BTW, the Oaks Show is this weekend.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Don't change your billing address!

Make your purchase when you are out of state from your smart phone. You can even do this in DC just to stick it to THE MAN.
    Billing address is only an issue at some vendors. Most don't care. You can temporarily change your billing address if necessary and then change back. I have never had an issue.

No need to change your billing address. I have added alternate shipping addresses through my bank. When a distributer processes your card, the address or addresses associated with that card are visible to them, I think.

I had to do this to have things shipped to my future wife's house because some vendors were picky about the address being associated with the card.

once I added the alternate address, I had no problems with vendors that previously denied orders for that reason. Also, this way, nobody accidentally gets my bank statement. That goes ONLY to my original address.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I recently ordered from xtreme bullets with a gift card that was not registered and the sale would not go through! I registered the card with my MD address, same as ship to, and it went through? $250. Of metal, not ammo.
    CDNN, billing address of MD had to match (or just not be MD) shipping (NC), which I temporarily adjusted and it worked fine, but did have to change. FWIW

Shrewsbury you say?:)

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    protip- if you get a prepaid card you can register it to use online. When you set the card up you can make up any billing address you want to get around the mismatching billing/shipping issue

James200319

Mar 3, 2016
    Funkstown, MD has no USPS home delivery. We all have PO boxes. I've found that gun part companies usually will not ship or send to a USPS box. I have to give my home address and catch crap from post office employees about having to figure out what box they have to use. Usually it means my package is lying on a table in the back while everything else is put in PO boxes until they look up my name and address.

Good to know... I am right outside Funkstown. It's only 10-15 minutes either side of the line for us, but it still sucks.

bawlmer

ALS Warrior
    Mar 15, 2013
    Bawlmer, hon.
    There is an even easier method. Put your street address AND your PO box number on the shipping info. Then the USPS doesn't hold up your package for further research.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Seems like a lot of work just to get some magazines. MD is a pretty small state, depending on where you live, you can be out of it in 60 minutes. Don’t you have a friend close by in another state? Would probably be easier to send it to them. I get packages sent to my parents in Philly and just pick them up when I go to visit.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I don't understand your point. Sounds like you're saying the same thing everyone else is saying: have them shipped to a nearby out-of-state address.

Same amount of work, whether I have them shipped to your parent's house in Philly, or to the UPS Store that's only 4 minutes across the Line in Pennsylvania.

It's a lot more work, time, gas, tolls, and aggravation for me to have to drive all the way to your parent's house in Philly, as opposed to a quick run up to Shrewsbury, pop in the UPS Store and pick up my package, and get out.

But thanks for the offer, and thank your parents for me.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Seems like a lot of work just to get some magazines. MD is a pretty small state, depending on where you live, you can be out of it in 60 minutes. Don’t you have a friend close by in another state? Would probably be easier to send it to them. I get packages sent to my parents in Philly and just pick them up when I go to visit.

I don't visit your parents enough to make that a convenient option for me.

I'll be trying out this UPS store thing this week!

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Bumping this thread, I was under the impression that PO boxes were “cheap”

$286 annually for a 11”x11” ?

Attachments

• E3AF1313-CE78-4455-9F23-F51235E62F06.jpg
      E3AF1313-CE78-4455-9F23-F51235E62F06.jpg
      75.5 KB · Views: 423

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So what’s your question?

As has been stated, ship to a UPS store. They normally charge $8 (maybe $10?) to hold your shipment. If you are only ordering things 3-4 times a year that is a pretty good bargain.

Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    So what’s your question?

As has been stated, ship to a UPS store. They normally charge $8 (maybe $10?) to hold your shipment. If you are only ordering things 3-4 times a year that is a pretty good bargain.

I have found some companies will consider your billing address from your credit card purchase in determining whether they will ship at all (even if the shipping is to another state).

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have found some companies will consider your billing address from your credit card purchase in determining whether they will ship at all (even if the shipping is to another state).

Then cross them off your list and go to the next company. There are far too many that will ship to any address as long as it doesn't violate the law.

Don't over think it, this is the easy stuff.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Then cross them off your list and go to the next company. There are far too many that will ship to any address as long as it doesn't violate the law.

Don't over think it, this is the easy stuff.

Exactly. And are you going to have a P.O. box as a billing address? Because some CC companies aren’t going to do that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom