• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Here's my daughter with her first fish caught on a fly rod. And to think, I brought her there for some bluegills!

Attachments

• 20150624_124208.jpg
      20150624_124208.jpg
      146.1 KB · Views: 333

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Went out again last night to Leesylvania State Park. Caught two bass in two hours, from shore. Thanks to all of the recent rain, the Potomac is high and muddy, with bits of grass and hydrilla floating around. I'm going back on Friday with more gear.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Jim ...get the chance check out your local Wal-mart or K-mart and look for renegade worms… When the fishing guides were using Blue Fleck color worms to catch bass in the grass I’d use a renegade grape with a hot pink tail. I use to pull up close to the guide boats there on the North side of the WW bridge at the grass flats near Fox Ferry and the Spoils and catch way more bass then the guide boats…Now of course this was done when the water wasn’t all that dirty from recent rain.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Now of course this was done when the water wasn’t all that dirty from recent rain.

This is one of the big problems right now. Soft plastics aren't putting enough noise and vibration out to get bass to strike. I've been catching them on buzzbaits, rattling crank baits, propeller top water plugs, and spinnerbaits. Lots of flash, vibration, and noise to get bass to notice and strike seems to be what's needed now. When the water clears up, it's back to soft plastics.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Last Sunday. Rough day on the water at Love Point and slow fishing. One keeper. Hated throwing a nice dinner sized 19 7/8" Rock back. Several 16-18" throw backs.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Jim when I would fish the St Jude's children tourney out that park... I;d always make that 26 or so mile run back towards the WWB... when the water was real dirty you might find a dozen boats parked around Blue Plains... so dirty water ,,, larger lures, darker colors.. and yes sound.. but also remember scent

fran35

Jul 3, 2015
    Last Sunday. Rough day on the water at Love Point and slow fishing. One keeper. Hated throwing a nice dinner sized 19 7/8" Rock back. Several 16-18" throw backs.
    Same here. Fished the Severn near Annapolis (Possum Point) for several hours in prime Perch habitat, which I was actually targetting. Damn near blanked, ended with two. I tried everything, beetle spins, fresh shrimp, shad darts, live and dead glass minnows. I did get into a mess of juvenile stripers, all 10 inches or so, but not much on the perch. It must have been the muddy waters, the full moon, or I just should have paid 20 bucks for bloodworms.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Same here. Fished the Severn near Annapolis (Possum Point) for several hours in prime Perch habitat, which I was actually targetting. Damn near blanked, ended with two. I tried everything, beetle spins, fresh shrimp, shad darts, live and dead glass minnows. I did get into a mess of juvenile stripers, all 10 inches or so, but not much on the perch. It must have been the muddy waters, the full moon, or I just should have paid 20 bucks for bloodworms.

$20 for bloodworms?!? Ouch! I normally pick up my bloods at Chesapeake Outdoors in Kent Narrows when I head to the Choptank. $10.50 for a dozen of good sized "standard" worms or $8.50 for a half dozen of jumbos. Hell even strangler's has them cheaper than what I can buy them for in my area.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    $20 for bloodworms?!? Ouch! I normally pick up my bloods at Chesapeake Outdoors in Kent Narrows when I head to the Choptank. $10.50 for a dozen of good sized "standard" worms or $8.50 for a half dozen of jumbos. Hell even strangler's has them cheaper than what I can buy them for in my area.

If you can manage to jig up one pearch, use it as cut bait and you can usually catch many more on their own flesh.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    If you can manage to jig up one pearch, use it as cut bait and you can usually catch many more on their own flesh.

Yup. I use perch or spot strips for croaker. Fishbites work amazingly well, too.

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Me and my buddies went out on the 4th and had success at love point on bunker. 4 guys, 7 fish, just couldn't get that last keeper.

Attachments

• 11235390_10207409275978905_9199875738550126834_o.jpg
      11235390_10207409275978905_9199875738550126834_o.jpg
      99.9 KB · Views: 165

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I put this pick in the prettyboy thread too

Went out to Liberty Lake with a friend and he kids this morning. We crushed the perch. Largest was 13".

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      71.3 KB · Views: 158

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom