• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • broguns

Mar 10, 2013
    Hey guys,

I'm heading to ocean city maryland tomorrow but the weather looks terrible. Is there any place that would be worth fishing from the shore on the bay or ocean side? If so what should I be fishing for and what type of rig would I need?

Thanks

blacklab25

Mar 26, 2013
    Mardela Springs
    I was at Assateague this morning and we got 1 kingfish and 1 small shark. Nothing else happening there. Try fishing the 50 bridge. You should be able to catch something there. Maybe flounder, black drum, could be some bluefish. There is a tackle shop next to the royal farms right before the bridge. They can set you up.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Good luck, y'all..
    the crabbing is not going to be hot, either.
    If you are adventurous, bring your Drum rigs and go fish the seaside down near Kiptopeake.
    Or try using cut crabs to catch Tautog at the Concrete Ships at
    Kip. You could use a small boat, kayak or canoe. You would be bayside
    so if it's east winds you are protected.
    Also hit all of those pound net lines - the stakes protrude from the shoreline -
    they produce alot of fish, puppy drum, flounder, croaker now, keep your hook out of the nets themselves...
    Cobia will run soon (in warm weather).
    This is all 1 hr. south of OC.
    It is quality fishing.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I had a ball at the carshow with my medium ugly stick! bring some 1 oz buck tail and some swirly tails and you will catch more strippers than your arms want to down by the fifty bridge. I also caught fifteen or so blue fish over twenty eight inches with white buck tail and some good tog off the rocks with green crab drifting it into the rocks with a small jig head.

Mattjtowne

NRA Life supporter
    Feb 10, 2013
    I had a ball at the carshow with my medium ugly stick! bring some 1 oz buck tail and some swirly tails and you will catch more strippers than your arms want to down by the fifty bridge. I also caught fifteen or so blue fish over twenty eight inches with white buck tail and some good tog off the rocks with green crab drifting it into the rocks with a small jig head.

Dam.. hitting hard from land

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom