• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Many of us are buying the kits so I figured we could do our thinking here instead of screwing up the IPs thread.

I already got my Romanian brand new barrel (I was worried the price was going to go up with these kits flooding the market). Bought it from APEX.

I'm thinking about ordering a Nodak reicever but I am not 100% sure if I want to build it or toss it up for sale in a year. I also am working on one other part to complete the kit but I cant talk about that right now as I don't want you sneaky snakes trying to snag it from my grasp.

If I do build it, it's going total kyber pass!!!

Watcha gonna do with your kit?

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Handing them over to a professional :o

This. Haven't bought one of the kits (yet), but I'd send it down to Jayson Cotter at Investment Grade Firearms, have him build it and stamp it with Arabic in the appropriate places to make it more authentic looking (albeit in HK black).

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    If I had the disposable income I'd want a Russian AKM build, East German build, Iranian build, and a Russian AKS-74 build.

Funny thing is AKForum.net had these same builds already done by other gun owners so if I had the money I would have bought them on the spot.

If I ever get a Maadi I want an original one made in Egypt. I don't mind paying someone to get it in the correct format.

Glade Valley Sporting Goods in Frederick does the best AK builds in my opinion even better than some online vendors. I still have an AK they built 4 years ago and has never had a problem nor jammed on me which should tell you there they are first rate quality.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    After talking with Mike last night. The mention of the Maadis was brought up in the conversation.

Around the first of the year is when he thinks he can build Maadis. He has some projects to finish, before starting new ones.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    After talking with Mike last night. The mention of the Maadis was brought up in the conversation.

Around the first of the year is when he thinks he can build Maadis. He has some projects to finish, before starting new ones.

I'm in no hurry. I currently have an AR build that I just completed but need to work up loads for and a FAL that kinda fell in my lap without a lower receiver.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    If parts go bad on ones AK47 ( any AK47), can this Maadi kit be used to replaqce the bad parts? Interchangeable?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    If parts go bad on ones AK47 ( any AK47), can this Maadi kit be used to replaqce the bad parts? Interchangeable?

Yeah For the parts but as I remember the maadi reicever was cut a little different and that's the only real difference.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    The usual Maadi receiver is slant-cut, but the way this one is setup with the crutch, I don't think it was.

Atlantic Firearms has them too, but with the quote from their page "These kits come with a bayonet, cleaning kit, and mag pouch."

I'm going to build mine at home once I get a barrel. It'll be fun, and I've had several practice rifles since the first one, but more importantly, I have all the tools now.

I'm going to go back to investigating the build party location I was trying to secure. Perhaps we can have a nice location where we can not only build and have a gunsmith look over the completed rifle but test fire as well.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Posted over on other thread, but figured I would copy here to:

For those who got in on this deal and are looking to have these built, I will offer up my services. I can supply the barrel, receiver, and all other parts. The barrels would be US made chrome lined, receivers made by MCG(my 07 FFL name), and tapco compliance parts. The finish can be parkerized, or Duracoat. Fill out all the paperwork for the transfer when parts kit is dropped off, I send to MSP when complete, you come pick up a week later. The down side here, I will not be able to get started on these until after the New Year most likely. I need to clear up the current back log before I can take on any new builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom