• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Oh Lord, I just had to logon and read this thread just before bedtime. Now I'm sure to be sleep deprived or nightmare plagued. Pink?!!! Can't be good...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sorry gents, in playing with my new acquisition I thought I had a problem. Scary when a "nearly new" gun looks like it has a rusted bore. But it turned out to be some dried up grease mixed with some grime from someones test firing. All looks well after a little bore brushing (generally I dont brush I just use wipe out). For what these cost I would have been pi$$ed

So below is the result, something you are only likely to see in the far east, if you journey wide.

Seriously, you wont see a Australian Arms M10 MkI and M10 MkII side by side in the states very often with one set of original accessories. Both chambered in 7.62*39 and take AK mags. The primary difference between the two is the Mk II has a pistol grip stock and the Mk I has a scant stock. The Mk II also comes with a factory scope mount.

100_1348.JPG

Oh by the way just for some additional crying, while I was cleaning enfields below is one Bubba gibbs got and converted into a quest carbine.

100_1351.JPG

Who else has an enfield freakshow?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Those Enfields look pretty cool! Legit models chambered for x39? Congrats!!

No freakshow Bubba's here. Don't own a "true" British Enfield (have an Indian 2A), but plan to get one some day down the road.

Thanks for the pics!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    those things are freaking beautiful and take AK mags........you've peaked my interest. Where did you snag those? Also my apologies for asking this (not to be rude) but what did those run you? Great now I've got some research to do.......also are they C&R? I don't know anything about them but they are seriously beautiful.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    those things are freaking beautiful and take AK mags........you've peaked my interest. Where did you snag those? Also my apologies for asking this (not to be rude) but what did those run you? Great now I've got some research to do.......also are they C&R? I don't know anything about them but they are seriously beautiful.

Nope they were made by AIA new production a handful made it through Gander Mountain and Buds and then got shut off because a number of the parts are made in Veitnam which is a no no. They are not cheap and hard to come by, even with these two I may find myself parting with the one I like least.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    I bought a sporterized No4Mk2 and made a "reproduction" sniper. I replaced the hacked-off forearm and metal bits. I used the cheek piece on my L42A1 as a pattern. Looks ok from a distance, shoots ok too. I used an old Weaver scope I had lying around. The rifle is a South African marked No4Mk2 which had the barrel replaced with a WWII Long Branch barrel at some point.

Yes, it did snow in Carroll County last night.

Attachments

• Sniper 002 resize.JPG
      Sniper 002 resize.JPG
      129.6 KB · Views: 232

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I bought a sporterized No4Mk2 and made a "reproduction" sniper. I replaced the hacked-off forearm and metal bits. I used the cheek piece on my L42A1 as a pattern. Looks ok from a distance, shoots ok too. I used an old Weaver scope I had lying around. The rifle is a South African marked No4Mk2 which had the barrel replaced with a WWII Long Branch barrel at some point.

Yes, it did snow in Carroll County last night.

That rifle is awesome!

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Atrocious! Blasphemous! You need to get those out ouf your collection ASAP....I'll be happy to take them off your hands for $200 a piece. :D

Seriously, those are wicked. Where the heck did you score those?

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    That rifle is awesome!

Thanks Dave! I used the sporterized forearm as material for the cheek piece. I followed the armorers guide to bed the replacement forearm so it was fitted correctly. The first time out accuracy degraded because the mount screws came loose, I used some locktite on them. I think I put about $250 in it total.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Those Enfields look pretty cool! Legit models chambered for x39? Congrats!!

No freakshow Bubba's here. Don't own a "true" British Enfield (have an Indian 2A), but plan to get one some day down the road.

Thanks for the pics!

I may be willing to make a trade for one of your Finn Mosins :deal:

Interesting rifles Jim. I'm not really an Enfield collector but one of those would make an interesting conversation piece at the range.

Rickhead, That is a beautiful example. What did you use to finish the stock?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Those are very cool. I recall seeing something about those awhile back. If they could bring the price down, those would make a great utility/truck carbine.

I'll bet if you practice, you could do one hell of a "Mad Minute" with them, too. I believe the key is working the bolt with your thumb and index finger, and using your second finger on the trigger.

Nope they were made by AIA new production

They are built around original receivers, though, aren't they?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Those are very cool. I recall seeing something about those awhile back. If they could bring the price down, those would make a great utility/truck carbine.

I'll bet if you practice, you could do one hell of a "Mad Minute" with them, too. I believe the key is working the bolt with your thumb and index finger, and using your second finger on the trigger.

They are built around original receivers, though, aren't they?

Nope, they are new and unless we drop some trade restrictions with Vetnam or AIA starts making them with parts from elsewhere they are done.

jimsoden

Super Lurker
    Sep 25, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Now, those look so cool! :) Nobody should be upset, there are a ba-zillion Enfields out there. :thumbsup:

I have a 2a in .308 that I bought at the VA Gun Show a few years back. I think I paid around $170-ish.

It's always neat to own something different! :party29:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Neat! Shame on you for making me think you were wielding a can of pink Krylon. Didn't know that any of the AIA rifles had made it into the US. The Canadians have been luckily enough to have access to them through Marstar. Looks like they have been building them in 7.62 x 51 as well. Have to say I'm very jealous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom