• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    My wife calls this COMICON for gun-nerds... you can bet I'll be there. And again, I'll be spending money like it might be the last one ever, since the bill to regulate antique and black-powder firearms has been popped its ugly head up again. A pox on Annapolis if it ever passes.

Just a reminder... call, write, and join the Patriot Pickets. The ban on private transfers of antique guns and the ban on private transfers of long guns MUST BE DEFEATED! In solidarity, my friends.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    My wife calls this COMICON for gun-nerds... you can bet I'll be there. And again, I'll be spending money like it might be the last one ever, since the bill to regulate antique and black-powder firearms has been popped its ugly head up again. A pox on Annapolis if it ever passes.

Just a reminder... call, write, and join the Patriot Pickets. The ban on private transfers of antique guns and the ban on private transfers of long guns MUST BE DEFEATED! In solidarity, my friends.

Hearing dates for this travesty of a bill are March 8 in the Senate, then across the street to the House on March 14.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Hey, it's not like this is the biggest show of it's kind on the East Coast and brings a lot of revenue to the state in a year when it's got a huge deficit in tax income.

Oh wait, it is.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    That time of year again, Baltimore Antique Arms Show,3/18 and 3/19, one of the best shows in the country.

http://www.baltimoreshow.com

After not going for the past 5 years, I"m going this year and looking for a good Shootable 1884 Trapdoor to take out to the range a couple times a year. Maybe keep an eye out on a Krag if it possible.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Went once and all it did was upset me that I couldn't afford (or want to afford) most of what was for sale. Still an incredible show even if you just window shop.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Went once and all it did was upset me that I couldn't afford (or want to afford) most of what was for sale. Still an incredible show even if you just window shop.

Yes, there are plenty of high priced highly collectable guns at this show, I once saw a table that had not 1 but 6 original Henry's, least expensive was 16k.
    But over the years I have picked up many collectable guns in good shooting condition for very reasonable money, 2 Trapdoors, Eddystone 1917, Krag, several SxS shotguns, the most expensive was a ramrod bayonet Trapdoor in high original condition for 800.00.
    Unlike a local show where you might see a dozen good condition vintage guns you will literally see thousands at this show, your eyes glaze over after awhile.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Yes, there are plenty of high priced highly collectable guns at this show, I once saw a table that had not 1 but 6 original Henry's, least expensive was 16k.
    But over the years I have picked up many collectable guns in good shooting condition for very reasonable money, 2 Trapdoors, Eddystone 1917, Krag, several SxS shotguns, the most expensive was a ramrod bayonet Trapdoor in high original condition for 800.00.
    Unlike a local show where you might see a dozen good condition vintage guns you will literally see thousands at this show, your eyes glaze over after awhile.

Agree with every word

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County

Wow very nice - We plan to head over there this year for the first time

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    With a building filled with high end dealers and collectors you won't find too many who don't know what their stuff is worth. I've occasionally found a bargain or rare bit of unobtanium. But usually go for the eye-candy, not to purchase. Just remember to put on a good set of walking shoes!

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    never miss this one - best in the Mid-Atlantic and probably this side of Vegas. Lots of stuff you literally wont see anywhere else including museums, sure its usually expensive but no one is making you buy anything. Love seeing the folks walking the aisles talking in Japanese who are there to try to buy back the family swords. It's that kind of show.
    Where else will you find a complete set of Samurai or conquistador armor or an original cannon for sale

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Do they allow you to bring a rifle slung over your shoulder to sell? (like a mosin)

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    I have a Jenks mule ear carbine that I'm trying to sell for a friend. I know they are valuable but most people have never heard of it. Would this be a good place to wander around with a for sale flag on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom