• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subman

BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2015
    I went to Bass Pro to inquire about my handgun purchase/app I made last week. Today marks the 9th day, and since I was in the area I decided to stop by instead of calling. They have a ticket/numbering system for help at the counter so I grabbed a number (maybe 3 people ahead of me in line), but it moves fairly slow. I browsed the ammo section for a couple of minutes while waiting then went back up near the counter so I could hear my number when called.

A store rep approached me and asked if they could help me with anything. I showed him my number and said 'no thanks, I'm waiting for support at the counter'. He asked what I needed so I told him I was here to check on my purchase I made last week. He asked what day I made the purchase so I told him. He said (without checking) "It's not ready, you can check back on Monday". I politely said "You didn't even check, nor did you ask for any information how could you possibly know if it's ready or not?". He said "Ok, what's your name?". I politely said 'No thanks...I'll wait my turn at the counter because you probably won't even check now and will just tell me what you want to tell me." I then walked away - (about 10-15 feet). He followed me and said "Sir, I'm trying to help you.. I told you it's probably not ready yet. If you'd like you can talk to my manager." Since he followed me I became frustrated and said "Get the f*ck out of my face. Leave me alone. I'll wait on my number to be called. I don't want you to help me". He then tried to play the victim and told me my language won't be tolerated in the store". I repeated "Leave me the F alone".

Long story, wrapped up. My item was in fact ready for pickup.

I will NOT buy anything else at Bass Pro, even if I'm starving and they had the last piece of bread in town!

I need to find a local friendly dealer.

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I went to Bass Pro to inquire about my handgun purchase/app I made last week. Today marks the 9th day, and since I was in the area I decided to stop by instead of calling. They have a ticket/numbering system for help at the counter so I grabbed a number (maybe 3 people ahead of me in line), but it moves fairly slow. I browsed the ammo section for a couple of minutes while waiting then went back up near the counter so I could hear my number when called.

A store rep approached me and ask if they could help me with anything. I showed him my number and said 'no thanks, I'm waiting for support at the counter'. He asked what I needed so I told him I was here to check on my purchase I made last week. He asked what day I made the purchase so I told him. He said (without checking) "It's not ready, you can check back on Monday". I politely said "You didn't even check, not did you ask for any information how could you possible know if it's ready or not?". He said "Ok, what's your name?". I politely said 'No thanks...I'll wait my turn at the counter because you probably won't even check now and will just tell me what you want to tell me." I then walked away - about (about 10-15 feet). He followed me and said "Sir, I'm trying to help you.. I told you it's probably not ready yet. If you'd like you can talk to my manager." Since he followed me I became frustrated and said "Get the f*ck out of my face. Leave me alone. I'll wait on my number to be called. I don't want you to help me". He then tried to play the victim and told me my language won't be tolerated in the store". I repeated "Leave me the F alone".

I will NOT buy anything else at Bass Pro, even if I'm starving and they had the last piece of bread in town!

Sounds like you over reacted.

I'm sure you cussing for no reason really made folks with young kids around feel great.

Also a great representation of the gun community.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

A store rep approached me and ask if they could help me with anything. I showed him my number and said 'no thanks, I'm waiting for support at the counter'. He asked what I needed so I told him I was here to check on my purchase I made last week. He asked what day I made the purchase so I told him. He said (without checking) "It's not ready, you can check back on Monday". I politely said "You didn't even check, not did you ask for any information how could you possible know if it's ready or not?". He said "Ok, what's your name?". I politely said 'No thanks...I'll wait my turn at the counter because you probably won't even check now and will just tell me what you want to tell me." I then walked away - about (about 10-15 feet). He followed me and said "Sir, I'm trying to help you.. I told you it's probably not ready yet. If you'd like you can talk to my manager." Since he followed me I became frustrated and said "Get the f*ck out of my face. Leave me alone. I'll wait on my number to be called. I don't want you to help me". He then tried to play the victim and told me my language won't be tolerated in the store". I repeated "Leave me the F alone".

2A is good and close by in Jessup.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Store rep apparently started off by lying to the OP. "Come back some other time, and maybe someone will actually check on your item" is irritating, at the very least.

Still, non-confrontive restraint is more effective than an f-bomb, to get the job done.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    OP- You did not get the answer you were initially looking for, so you chose to be profane. You will find few here who think your actions were justified.

Bass Pro may not be the best place to shop, but it only gets worse if you treat the staff like morons.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    OP- You did not get the answer you were initially looking for, so you chose to be profane. You will find few here who think your actions were justified.

Bass Pro may not be the best place to shop, but it only gets worse if you treat the staff like morons.
    Very true.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Why would an employee ask a customer whether he can help him and then give him wrong information rather than a 'let me check with the firearms manager' ?

Your reaction in regards to the store overall is unreasonable. They got you your gun, right ?

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Try 2A sales and supply in that area next time.

The employee should not have followed him after the customer declined service from him. That is where that interaction with that employee should have ended.
    He should use whatever language he felt appropriate in my opinion, he was is in a bass pro, not a kindergarten class room.

Other peoples children really aren't his responsibility. If people don't want their kids hearing grown up words, keep them out of grown up places, including places people are attempting to exercise their 2A right, with resistance from unprofessional employees.

We don't all have kids, with kid filters built in. (my filter broke around my sons 16 b-day, it doesn't exist anymore)

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    he asked you did you want to speak to a mgr but instead you choose to cuss at him. you was wrong period.

********. Any clerk who wouldn't even check on the mdse deserved what he got...shit on. I'd have given him the same treatment. Don't cut the turds slack. Would never purchase a firearm at Bass Pro...you can do better elsewhere and not get pestered.

Tyler Firearms in Halethorpe will be happy to handle your business needs.

Lew--Ranger63

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    The guy should have check but because be did not check you went nuts. That's a dick move and you should have been asked to leave the store.

Just wondering that if he tried this at a local gun store and cussed out one of its employees what would they have done there? I have seen Len just about throw a guy out of macrotech for pretty much doing the same here to Cory.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Cussing people out is never good in my opinion. Being civil and complaining on the guy in a responsible manner would have worked better. And I'm no Bass Pro fanboy. Just my .02.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You can't expect much from Bass Pro. They really are morons. There might be one guy that knows what he's doing, but you'll likely never meet him.

Find a better store. Plenty to pick from.

As for language, when a clerk pretends to help but really just makes up an answer, well F him and the minimum-wage horse he rode in on.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Sorry guys the OP was in the right, he was waiting his turn, when the store employee offered to help and he told him no thanks he would wait his turn, but the employee insisting on helping then just blatantly lied to his face, to get rid of him. I'm sure the offer of seeing the manager was another bs bluff too, the manager would have most likely been unavailable in a meeting or something thing.

00 Del

Jan 1, 2012
    The Dena, MD
    I think that I've dealt with the same Bass Pro clerk, and he claimed to be the department manager in hunting. The guy I encountered had to be told that I didn't care to talk to him more than twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom