1000 rds 5.56 from a local store possible?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    Mike at work is looking to get 1000 rnds 5.56 NATO as a gift but doesn't really want to buy online. Are any gun shops or retail stores,,, within 30 mi. of Greencastle PA even likely to sell that many at a pop?

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Most places will have that much. I know the local dicks has about 5,000 rounds of Federal .223 on the shelf. It will cost alot more than purchasing online though.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Wednesday, Dick's Sporting Goods--at least the one in Glen Burnie MD--had Federal 5.56 ammo cans with 420 rounds with 50% off the second can. That works out to $157 plus tax for each can for every pair you buy--36 cents a round.

They also had 90 round boxes of same for the 50% off every second box. You might check if it is still in play.

So, it's either Two cans of 840 rounds, or two cans and two 90 round boxes gets you 1020 rounds.

Last edited:

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Gettysburg Walmart had 500 round cans of Tulammo 223 (steel) the other day. Gettysburg Trading Post, on Rt. 30, east of G'burg, had plenty of cases in lots of calibers. They also have the 420 round ammo cans of Federal 5.56 for $129 (if I think I remember correctly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom