• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    For general purpose range use (plinking, target practice), which of these two 9mm rounds would you prefer to use, Federal AE or Speer Lawman? Why?

To clarify: 124g in both handguns and subguns.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    For general purpose range use (plinking, target practice), which of these two 9mm rounds would you prefer to use, Federal AE or Speer Lawman? Why?

Brian, they're both good though my preference is AE.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011

I've heard that speer lawman is relatively clean compared to other fmj loads.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Just wanted to point out that on CCI's website, they say that the Speer Lawman rounds have similar weight/velocity to their Gold Dot counterparts, which allow for more realistic training (if you load GDs in your HD gun).

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    What I do every time I get a new gun is try out a couple of different brands/type of ammo. I then select what I feel is best matched to the gun.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I think the Speer/Lawman burns cleaner, but accuracy is the same.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I shoot all of these and other target rounds. Virtually all the same. Haven't noticed Speer being cleaner. I shoot Blazer and Winchester white box and federal more than Speer. All good ammo. Only some Russian stuff and reloads give me any concern.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    What I do every time I get a new gun is try out a couple of different brands/type of ammo. I then select what I feel is best matched to the gun.

tvblogmyaa.png

I'm still at the "I don't shoot enough" stage to tell the difference between what may be a better or worse round and just that I may be a mediocre shot.

tvblog.png

This is useful. I focus on choosing premium rounds for their terminal impact. Winchester PDX or speer Gold Dot. I generally choose Remington UMC for general paper punching but would like to have a group to watch for better prices while still avoiding dirty rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom