• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    Anyone send one of their rifles for a rebarrel job?
    I have an M1 and a 1903 that could use new barrels. What were your experiences?

I was thinking since they do so much work on these that they would be the most experienced.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    They do excellent work, but I assume they have a long backlog. Rebarreling either of those rifles is easy if you’ve got the tools, so I wouldn’t worry too much about having someone else do it.

fpmst930

Oct 21, 2019
    Rockville MD
    Anyone send one of their rifles for a rebarrel job?
    I have an M1 and a 1903 that could use new barrels. What were your experiences?

I was thinking since they do so much work on these that they would be the most experienced.

If you come down to the Nations Gun Show in Dulles VA, there is Larry Babcock or the Garand Guy table. He has a work table and all the tools to swap out barrels there on the spot at the show. There is no wait and you can leave your Garand there while you walk around the show or just wait for it to get it done. He is also the author of ( https://www.amazon.com/Garand-Photo-Essay-Larry-Babcock/dp/0578010194 ). So he is very knowledgeable on Garands. And he will work on 1903s as well. If you want his contact PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom