• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Eventually the FedEx and UPS guys start to ask- what did you buy this time?

USPS guy is starting to not be as friendly to me.

Pretty sure its the 20 and 30# priority boxes of boolits I've been ordering for reloading.

Though its the Fedex guy who drew the short straw tomorrow...

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    One just has to think of the FFL 03 for what it is; a Federal firearms license. As Federal it applies to Interstate transactions as described in the guidelines and regulations that come with the license. Intrastate transactions are at the mercy of the states, so the FFL03 is of no advantage here in Maryland. Also refer to the C & R section FAQs thread

Disagree, it’s a pretty nice advantage for only $30 having firearms brought to your door by the Big Brown Truck. Also you do save by cutting out the retailers and buying online from importers, Gunbroker deals, etc.

Also pretty much guarantees you won’t have any issues with NICS check delays on other purchases, they clear almost immediately.

What Docster meant was you can't use a C&R to purchase anything face to face within Maryland.
    And I've had a C&R for several years and I still get delays most of the time on my NICS check.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    What Docster meant was you can't use a C&R to purchase anything face to face within Maryland.
    And I've had a C&R for several years and I still get delays most of the time on my NICS check.

True I would guess I don’t recall buying any C&R guns FTF in MD, most of mine were at shows or online so a non-issue here.

fpmst930

Oct 21, 2019
    Rockville MD
    Original expired in July 2019 after 9 years, and wasn’t a priority at the time since I hadn’t purchased anything in 6 years. Times change and getting back into the swing- mailed app on 7/17, received new C&R license on 8/19. Seems pretty quick for post-COVID reality.

nice.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I let mine expire last year. That $30 license was getting just too dang expensive.

I mean, just 'cause you can have BBT drop off a pistol to your front door doesn't help when you decide to replace the springs, buy ammo and get a set of cool grips. (ref. https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=6055578&postcount=5950 )

The log books are long gone, but I pull up my spreadsheet with purchase prices for guns and ammo whenever I think about renewing that $30 entrance fee.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I didn't get mine until the HQL law went into effect here...and I refuse to get an HQL so the C&R allows me to continue to indulge my interest on a somewhat limited basis w/o the added hassle. Since I already had sufficient modern firearms, everything I have acquired since the HQL law have been either modern long guns from PA, where I have a unique identifier number, C&R, face2face unregulated or MDSP transfers of used weapons. I don't miss having an HQL at all.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I let mine expire last year. That $30 license was getting just too dang expensive.

I mean, just 'cause you can have BBT drop off a pistol to your front door doesn't help when you decide to replace the springs, buy ammo and get a set of cool grips. (ref. https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=6055578&postcount=5950 )

The log books are long gone, but I pull up my spreadsheet with purchase prices for guns and ammo whenever I think about renewing that $30 entrance fee.

So you need to change your screen name to "Canstop"?

Seek professional help. This condition can be cured, by cash infusions.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    So you need to change your screen name to "Canstop"?

Seek professional help. This condition can be cured, by cash infusions.

LOL. I'm afraid the bleeding never stops. Other projects have been holding steady at camp cantstop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom