• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    So I'm now officially on day 8 in the MD "7-day waiting period" and my status on the Licensing Portal states "submitted to application pool."

Can anyone tell me what this means?

I assume at this point the FFL is legally allowed to release the firearm to me but not required to do so, correct?

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    So I'm now officially on day 8 in the MD "7-day waiting period" and my status on the Licensing Portal states "submitted to application pool."

Can anyone tell me what this means?

I assume at this point the FFL is legally allowed to release the firearm to me but not required to do so, correct?

Have you gone to your ffl and paid MD their 10 bucks to process your app yet? If not you time doesn't start until you complete that process.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Just dug a little further and found this in my message box. Unbelievable. Sounds like my FFL may have made an error in my application. This is for a Taurus 82 .38 spl with the internal hammer lock. WTF!

77R: Application 202006xxxx Status Update
    07/31/2020 10:19 AM
    THIS APPLICATION HAS BEEN SENT BACK TO YOUR DEALER. REASON: UNABLE TO LOCATE EITHER FIREARM ON THE ROSTER

Taurus-82-38-Special_101184908_337_3BE03A1ED479E9F6.jpg

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just dug a little further and found this in my message box. Unbelievable. Sounds like my FFL may have made an error in my application. This is for a Taurus 82 .38 spl with the internal hammer lock. WTF!

Taurus-82-38-Special_101184908_337_3BE03A1ED479E9F6.jpg

It’s on the roster, I have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I had an “error” in my recent 77R filing, too. The licensing folks said it was a dealer error, and that it was resubmitted. My start date was
    a week after i went there in person to pay and do the forms. I could have been a dealer error. Beats me. But it added a week to my 7 days.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I had an “error” in my recent 77R filing, too. The licensing folks said it was a dealer error, and that it was resubmitted. My start date was
    a week after i went there in person to pay and do the forms. I could have been a dealer error. Beats me. But it added a week to my 7 days.

Sounds like the same deal here. My dealer is saying they (MSP) must have screwed up. MSP is saying the dealer screwed up. Regardless I'm probably looking at at least another week tacked on. :mad54:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    How do you like it? This was a recall replacement gun for the Rossi 851

I think my FFL made a mistake on the application. It was a little tricky since it had to be put in as a replacement gun.

I bought a used (armored car I believe) one that was part of a group buy by an FFL. When it shoots I like it. Unfortunately it needs a new cylinder because it’s worn and won’t always advance properly. Just hasn’t been high on my list of fun projects. Eventually I’ll get it fixed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Unless something unrelated wrong with the cylinder , you don't need a cylinder .

80% probability you need a hand .( Not the thing on the end of your wrist , the cylinder hand , the do- hickie that pushes against the star looking piece on back of cylinder )

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Call the licensing division and they may be able to walk it through once the issue is discovered. I did a transfer through MSP and the trooper insisted on checking off FFL instead of private party transfer. Instead of taking an additional week I spook with a very helpful trooper who inputted the sellers information and I was able to pick up the transfer on time.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Call the licensing division and they may be able to walk it through once the issue is discovered. I did a transfer through MSP and the trooper insisted on checking off FFL instead of private party transfer. Instead of taking an additional week I spook with a very helpful trooper who inputted the sellers information and I was able to pick up the transfer on time.

Thanks for the reply. My FFL actually contacted them yesterday. Not sure what the problem was/is but I got my "not disapproved" email this morning. Good to go to pick up tomorrow provided my FFL doesn't sustain damage from the storm (he's closed today).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom