• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This thread made me go out and get a CZ-82. Based on Aubulg1972's info, I sent Dennis an email at Empire Arms and he still had a few available. He will also ship the 2 mags to a standard capacity friendly state.

The import mark is more than I would like, but I'm very happy with it.

You'd think that the white pen operator would have decided to not fill in the import mark.

The dramatic import mark is unfortunate.

Based on this thread, I contacted Denny too. He has a few more CZ-82s in "excellent" condition, but perhaps one less now. :innocent:

Jul 1, 2012
    You'd think that the white pen operator would have decided to not fill in the import mark.

Don't think they filled it in, the impact knocked the paint/coating off exposing the bare metal. That's some pretty crude, ugly work right there.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I had a P64 that was import marked by PW Arms. On such a small firearm, it covered the entire slide. The metal around the import was actually very sharp and could cut your fingers if you ran your finger over it. I was going to sand it down to take the edge off, but just ended up selling it. I didn't really like the P64 anyway. The CZ82 will happily fill my Mak role.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This thread made me go out and get a CZ-82. Based on Aubulg1972's info, I sent Dennis an email at Empire Arms and he still had a few available. He will also ship the 2 mags to a standard capacity friendly state.

So earlier this week it arrived and I just got back from a quick range trip. It shoots great and it didn't have any problems with a box of 50 steel case mak.

The import mark is more than I would like, but I'm very happy with it.

I got mine from Empire Arms today. Dennis was amazingly fast. Need to clean it up, but it's in excellent condition. The PW dot matrix printer import stamp was comparable. I love the double and single action triggers, both are clean stacks with almost no resistance on the crisp single-action break. Can't wait to get mags and take it to the range.

64ce1c77d7fa9634d4e91645fbcd91bc.jpg

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Btw, I finally took off the slide tonight to clean and oil it and it is pristine. No residue anywhere to be found. Is this common for CZ-82s? Perhaps used ceremonially?

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Btw, I finally took off the slide tonight to clean and oil it and it is pristine. No residue anywhere to be found. Is this common for CZ-82s? Perhaps used ceremonially?

I got one like that from SOG. I ordered 4 or so when they had them listed as "Good to Very Good" This was 2.5 years ago I would say.

3 were nice but had flaking of the finish, but one looked brand new and I couldn't find any evidence that it had ever been fired.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Now y'all have me wondering if a P-64 should be my first C&R purchase - I don't find any CZ-82s in just web surfing around, may have to make some phone calls. If someone has a line on somebody with stock on hand I sure wouldn't mind getting a PM or email to narrow down my search...

Of course, I'd have to go out of state and go magazine-hunting, but that isn't a terrible thing.

So yeah, happy weekend and all that...

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Conundrum!!

Here's my problem. I'm now down to 2, CZ82s but have 6 standard magazines. Both are SHE's. I'm looking for 1 HE to mate. I thought I'd put the HE and SHE in a nice quite cozy gun safe and maybe come up with a few more 82's. CZ82's are getting harder to find, thought this might be easier.

Can anyone help with this?

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Here's my problem. I'm now down to 2, CZ82s but have 6 standard magazines. Both are SHE's. I'm looking for 1 HE to mate. I thought I'd put the HE and SHE in a nice quite cozy gun safe and maybe come up with a few more 82's. CZ82's are getting harder to find, thought this might be easier. Can anyone help with this?

Ah, such a terrible problem to have! I'd be glad to help if I could, purely out of the goodness of my heart of course.

;)

Sent from my mobile excuse the types pleasde!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom