• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tennisdr

Apr 22, 2012
    Just took half an hour and watched it. Honestly most of that was covered in my hunter safety course (online) and in more detail. Very basic. I took the advice of all and saved a PDF of the form, which I will print out and mail in. Thanks for the info.

One quick question... did I understand right that you are not allowed to teach anyone under the age of 21 to shoot your handgun, even at a range? Is that true also for .22 long rifles?

I have seen dad's with their sons at the range before.....

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I have seen dad's with their sons at the range before.....

Yeah, so have I, which is why I was thinking I must be misinterpreting what they said. I know under 21 years old cannot legally BUY one... but teaching a person to shoot one under 21 seems pretty innocent.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    They can't possess one. Which means you can't send them off to the range on their own with it. If you are there and in possession of it sure.

You couldn't send them off with your firearm even if they were with a friend over 21, because your son would be in possession, rather than the friend.

IAmNotALawyer -- IANAL.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I never took it or was asked, am I grandfathered in or am I getting by on my boyish good looks?

inbreeding.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You don't ever need the card. Just the number. I keep the number written on a piece of scrap paper in my wallet. If you can't read the number on your card and don't remember it, it's on the paperwork from any previous MD regulated gun purchase since 2002.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As long as you have a record of the number, you're fine. I created both a pdf and a jpeg scan of the card. If I need a copy, I just print out a fresh one.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Just took half an hour and watched it. Honestly most of that was covered in my hunter safety course
    Speaking of which, is a hunters safety card an acceptable alternative to the mdgunsafety card? I filled out some paperwork a week ago and thought I saw a line to fill out for your hunters safety number in lieu of the mdgunsafety number. I didn't look too closely because I had the latter number on me, but not the former.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom