• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    AACo uses bonded Speer Gold Dot 180 gr .40 cal.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So...... I am a Federal LEO. We use speer gold dot. Say the county I live in uses something different. Now, how is that any different than a non LEO using something different than their county pd ammo?

Scott92

Feb 24, 2011
    Near Annapolis, MD
    Thank you again for all the thoughts. I know that some post express negative thoughts towards Massed Ayoob. I just wanted to state that I was paraphrasing him not quoting him. I think the misunderstanding is that he was suggesting that checking to see what your local police force used for ammunition was a good way to answer the question, "what self defense ammo should I carry?". I don't believe that he was proposing that police ammo was the ONLY acceptable carry choice. Hope that helps.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    The point Mas is making is that the prosecutor is NOT under oath & can enflame a jury with nonsense even if you do use the exact ammo the police use. BUT, by using that ammo you may (or may not) take that one petty argument away from that prosecutor.

The prosecutor is there (oftentimes & no disrespect to the lawyers on the forum) to get a conviction (WIN) & not to seek the truth because the more WIN's will help their political aspirations.

LET's not forget about the media & how they will portray you "...he made his own ammo with special killer bullets, XTP penetrators, because he was seeking to kill someone. The victim, a poor innocent boy aspired to be an astronaut..." Sound familiar?

If you have a crappy defense attorney who cannot overcome some of these BS accusations & you cannot afford a good expert, you're toast.

Look at some statements 360 degrees & in 3D.

I'm sure the LEO's have heard some pretty ridiculous statements in the classroom. I know my relatives who are in the legal profession have.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    The point Mas is making is that the prosecutor is NOT under oath & can enflame a jury with nonsense even if you do use the exact ammo the police use. BUT, by using that ammo you may (or may not) take that one petty argument away from that prosecutor.

The prosecutor is there (oftentimes & no disrespect to the lawyers on the forum) to get a conviction (WIN) & not to seek the truth because the more WIN's will help their political aspirations.

LET's not forget about the media & how they will portray you "...he made his own ammo with special killer bullets, XTP penetrators, because he was seeking to kill someone. The victim, a poor innocent boy aspired to be an astronaut..." Sound familiar?

This is what I believe his intention is. I have herd this type of hype used to convict someone before. Like " he was using bullets specifically to kill someone " .
    This way you can say that you are using them for the same reason the local police use them.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I have herd that if you take one of his defense classes and are ever in court because of a self defense shooting he will come and testify for on your behalf. Assuming you are justified.

Has anyone else herd this ?

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    I have herd that if you take one of his defense classes and are ever in court because of a self defense shooting he will come and testify for on your behalf. Assuming you are justified.

Has anyone else herd this ?

You are correct. There are 10 spots left in the MAG-40 class that we are offering in Worcester county next August. I don't know how to link the thread. If you are interested, please PM your name, email, cell phone to hold a spot. The payment will be due in April / May 2013.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I use Gold Dot 180 grain in my .40 because I never had a failure. I've shot approx 150 rounds through my XDm before using it as a HD/SD round. And that is what I feel performs best for me.

I have shot the Fed HST, liked it and it worked well, but the Gold Dot is easier for me to get.

Sent from my Secret Bunker using Smoke Signals 2

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Our agency issues Speer Gold Dot (however its a 125 gr JHP .357SIG) and I'd have no problem recommending it. In the years that I've been a firearms instructor there's been very few instances where there were problems with the ammunition. Generally there were more problems with guns than the ammo. Other stuff I've used that I thought was good was Hornady TAP and Remington Golden Sabre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom