• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Just wondering if anyone would be able to recreate a piece of machinery about the size of an index card. I'm looking for a small batch to be made about 10 at first.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    What material ? I have 4 CNC machines. But I'm backed up at least a month as of now.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    My buddy Mike has a very expensive ($5k used) CNC machine at his place. But with his job and our out of town shooting schedule I am not sure if he has the time to do anything right now. We have been talking about making add-on parts for race guns but I don't think he is doing anything right now. He made a number of things for himself with regular machine tools previously. I could ask him though.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    So the item in question is a part to a very popular airsoft gun.

There’s a rather thin portion that breaks on these guns a lot (I’ve highlighted it in red) there’s a steel piece(firing pin) that moves back and forth in that section. Sometimes only a small piece breaks off and the gun is still usable. Other times it takes a considerable portion of the box with it, evidenced here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbRQiyv23go

It is an extremely common problem with these guns and there is high interest in high strength replacements. I also marked out the portion that does not need to be replicated, if that helps.

I can show samples if need be.

Steel is preferred. However aluminum with the proper reinforcements might work.

Attachments

• p-we-ak-83.jpg
      p-we-ak-83.jpg
      15.3 KB · Views: 151

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So the item in question is a part to a very popular airsoft gun.

There’s a rather thin portion that breaks on these guns a lot (I’ve highlighted it in red) there’s a steel piece(firing pin) that moves back and forth in that section. Sometimes only a small piece breaks off and the gun is still usable. Other times it takes a considerable portion of the box with it, evidenced here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbRQiyv23go

It is an extremely common problem with these guns and there is high interest in high strength replacements. I also marked out the portion that does not need to be replicated, if that helps.

I can show samples if need be.

Steel is preferred. However aluminum with the proper reinforcements might work.

And I thought it would be a kanibbling pin for a thermonuclear device or something like that. A paintball gun... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom