• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjanelli

Jun 21, 2017
    I live in MD and have guns that I inherited from my father who passed away last year. Two handguns, an old Winchester 12 gauge (1948), a .22 single bolt rifle, and an old WWII rifle. They were all purchased, or acquired, out of state (PA and NY). I have no idea which I have to register or any of the laws pertaining to usage and transport. I'm also interested in selling the rifles. Can you point me in the direction of resources where I can find answers to my questions?

Thanks much

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Without any other info........sounds like the rifles are OK.....The handguns are a different matter.....what is their age..and what are they
    They "may" have to be registered..maybe....just need more technical info......what "WWII rifle"

R

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I live in MD and have guns that I inherited from my father who passed away last year. Two handguns, an old Winchester 12 gauge (1948), a .22 single bolt rifle, and an old WWII rifle. They were all purchased, or acquired, out of state (PA and NY). I have no idea which I have to register or any of the laws pertaining to usage and transport. I'm also interested in selling the rifles. Can you point me in the direction of resources where I can find answers to my questions?

Thanks much

Do you know the country of origin for the WWII rifle? Any markings?

PM me if necessary or if you don't want to put the info on an open forum

kjanelli

Jun 21, 2017
    Rossi .38 Special, purchased new in '87
    High Standard "Supermatic" .22, purchased in 1953
    Remington 1903 "Springfield" 8-42
    Winchester 12-12 (1948)

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Rossi .38 Special, purchased new in '87
    High Standard "Supermatic" .22, purchased in 1953
    Remington 1903 "Springfield" 8-42
    Winchester 12-12 (1948)

The last 3 listed fall into the Curio/Relic arena, being over 50 years old.

The 1987 .38 looks like it should be registered, but do not know if it is listed on the "MD. Gun Roster". you should check that out. And if you need a "MD HQL"

Assume you are over 21??

R

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    True Inheritence does not require HQL . But that means Wills and Executors (representivesl , etc , not just " hey take Grandpa's old stuff over there in the corner.

Where ( state ) did Grandpa live , specifically legal resident, at the time of his tragic passing ?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Sorry for your loss.
    I had a Supermatic once, I regret I sold it. Don't even think about sporterizing the Springfield.

kjanelli

Jun 21, 2017
    Thanks for all of the info and condolences.
    It looks like I need to register the Rossi...no biggie.
    I need some recommendations....would either the Rossi or the Supermatic be decent guns for just shooting at a range? My wife is interested...
    Is there a reputable business where I can get appraisals on the rifles and what is the best way to sell if I'm interested?

Thanks much!

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The Supermatic is a great pistol. You really can't do much better in a target .22. Go ro the range and shoot it. The Rossi on the other hand, meh, not so much.

WildBill

May 7, 2017
    The Supermatic is a great pistol. You really can't do much better in a target .22. Go ro the range and shoot it. The Rossi on the other hand, meh, not so much.
    I used to keep a Rossi 38 in the nightstand, took it to the range a handful of times and it never refused to go bang. The sights aren't great and the grip sucks but its been dependable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom