Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Handguns

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:54 PM #21
smokey0118's Avatar
smokey0118 smokey0118 is offline
2A TEACHER
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 20,646
Images: 33
smokey0118 smokey0118 is offline
2A TEACHER
smokey0118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 20,646
Images: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Chevelle427 View Post
So, it's inferior, because you say so?

The guy wants what he wants, so who are we to doubt him?
He asked if anyone had one, and where he could get one...you obviously would not buy one of these inferior guns, nor did you tell him where he could get one, so your reply really was zero help and just put down the guy's choice.

I might buy 2 now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by judah7 View Post
When it comes to firearms I like to do research via YouTube first to see if the gun actually works and listen to people views on it, and after watching a ton of video's the consensus is that it's a very good firearm and the price is unbeatable.

A few people that think you have to spend an extra $250 buck's on a gun means very little to me unless they can back up there claims with proof that it's inferior. You can't just tell me it's inferior because it cost less. I would consider that a gun snob and I simply don't trust the bias opinions of gun snobs who have every right to be a gun snob. No big deal.

I'm still buying the gun and the consensus is still that the firearm works and has a great trigger on it.

If hickock says the firearm is a better shooter than his glock then that itself says to me that the creed is no slacker.
I've listed the features the ppq has that the creed does not. These are facts that you cannot dispute. My opinion is that it is worth $200 to get those features and to lower the bore height for better handling. If you choose to ignore the advice and get the gun anyway, I hope it works for you and you are happy with it.
__________________
MSI EXECUTIVE MEMBER:

"It's hard not to be a menace to society, when half the population is happy on their knees"

Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
smokey0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:10 PM #22
judah7 judah7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 312
judah7 judah7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey0118 View Post
I feel like the creed takes all my favorite parts of the PPQ and completely gets rid of them and then takes the worst parts of the gun and makes them worse. I love the ambi paddle mag release, you can release the mag with your trigger finger without shifting your grip at all....gone. Striker fired guns are reliable and enable manufacturers to make light/crisp triggers with a short reset....gone. The excellent ambidextrous slide release that is actually easily used as a release....gone. Replaceable backstraps for different lengths of pull...gone. However the crappy bore height of the p99/ppq is made higher
To be fair the ambidextrous mag release doesn't matter to me because im right handed and so is the wife (if she ever used it), the trigger statement doesn't hold much wieght since the consensus is the trigger is better than a glock trigger and very striker fire like, the ambidextrous slide release doesn't hold much weight in my case because again im right handed. I can see how those things may matter to you clearly but that's more of a preference thing, not a inferior thing it seems. People are sending hundreds of rounds down range and have had no reliability issues.

Appreciate your opinion though.
judah7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:26 PM #23
smokey0118's Avatar
smokey0118 smokey0118 is offline
2A TEACHER
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 20,646
Images: 33
smokey0118 smokey0118 is offline
2A TEACHER
smokey0118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 20,646
Images: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by judah7 View Post
To be fair the ambidextrous mag release doesn't matter to me because im right handed and so is the wife (if she ever used it), the trigger statement doesn't hold much wieght since the consensus is the trigger is better than a glock trigger and very striker fire like, the ambidextrous slide release doesn't hold much weight in my case because again im right handed. I can see how those things may matter to you clearly but that's more of a preference thing, not a inferior thing it seems. People are sending hundreds of rounds down range and have had no reliability issues.

Appreciate your opinion though.
Down the road, if you get in to more serious training or competition, ambi controls suddenly start to kick ass and become very useful. The same thing goes for if you're ever injured on your dominant side and need to use your other side. Plus the paddle on the trigger guard is actually pretty great once you get used to it. I love being able to maintain my grip and just drop my trigger finger to pop out a mag. There's no shifting to hit it with your thumb like on the typical mag release placement.

A glock trigger probably isn't the best gold standard to compare something to....especially when the sig 320, ppq, vp9, and a slew of other modern striker fired guns have dramatically better triggers than a stock glock. It's going to be tough to have a stock trigger beat a ppq. Also, that trigger reset on the creed looks fairly long. Compare that to a PPQ, or even my old P99AS...


The back straps are a pretty big deal. Changing the length of pull can set you up for better trigger finger placement and overall better performance, especially if you're sharing the gun.

Anyway, if you're not at a place now where this is worth $200, then hammer forward with the creed and I again hope it works for you. But there are much better guns out there for not much more money in the scheme of things that you won't outgrow as quickly. Take care.
__________________
MSI EXECUTIVE MEMBER:

"It's hard not to be a menace to society, when half the population is happy on their knees"

Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!

Last edited by smokey0118; March 23rd, 2017 at 12:38 PM.
smokey0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:34 PM #24
judah7 judah7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 312
judah7 judah7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 312
Well when you put it that way I can see why you want those extra features, I don't think I'll ever be into competition shooting or what not so im fine with guns that I like, that work and feel good. I'm just a basic shooter that enjoy shooting , can't see myself going any further.
judah7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2017, 03:47 PM #25
Vettestir Vettestir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Prince Frederick
Posts: 2
Vettestir Vettestir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Prince Frederick
Posts: 2
Is it Legal

Dumb new guy question. I've seen a couple other posts on the forum about the Creed. Is it Legal in MD? Because I don't see it on the handgun roster. Also, who petitions the roster to add it? Manufacturers or regular guys like you and me. Thx
Vettestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2017, 03:54 PM #26
Vettestir Vettestir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Prince Frederick
Posts: 2
Vettestir Vettestir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Prince Frederick
Posts: 2
Like I said... dumb question. Looks like it's listed under Carl Walther and not just Walther.
Vettestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2017, 06:51 PM #27
Chikane Chikane is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 24
Chikane Chikane is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 24
DO you guys think this gun would be ok to use in competition? I haven't handled this one, but I have shot the PPQ M2 and I love it, I however have a preference to a hammer fire gun(mostly because of the crisp break) I feel that this is a good price gun and it will be something I can use as a first gun, and something to learn from. Is this something I could consider for competition? USPSA or IDPA? or is it better to get something more common like a striker, Looking for something 450 and under and this and the TP9SF, Springfield XD service 4' are my choices, but I really like how the Walther feels ergonomically.

Thanks!

Chikane
Chikane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2017, 07:08 PM #28
71Chevelle427's Avatar
71Chevelle427 71Chevelle427 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,198
71Chevelle427 71Chevelle427 is offline
Senior Member
71Chevelle427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,198
Your budget is only a couple bucks shy of what JLOWES sold my son a Sig Sauer P320 for...which is a MUCH nicer gun. It was his 1st as well...very nice gun for the money
71Chevelle427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2017, 08:01 PM #29
Chikane Chikane is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 24
Chikane Chikane is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Chevelle427 View Post
Your budget is only a couple bucks shy of what JLOWES sold my son a Sig Sauer P320 for...which is a MUCH nicer gun. It was his 1st as well...very nice gun for the money
Thanks I'll take a look on their website
Chikane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2017, 08:08 PM #30
Blacksmith101 Blacksmith101 is online now
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,182
Blacksmith101 Blacksmith101 is online now
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Chevelle427 View Post
Hmmm...

PPQ M2:



CREED:



Sure, looks a lot like the one that cost $200+ more...
Both of them, the "checkering" looks like the wrinkles you would see on an old mans ........ elbow.

Blacksmith101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Handguns


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2016, Maryland Shooters, LLC