• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    How despicable is it that these Democrats, and the Capital Gazette, "a community paper", are fine with people being silenced if they don't agree with them. They should be critical of government officials trying to get a page shutdown, instead they are helping them do it

With very, very few exceptions journalism is dead.

Ed Zachary.

The headline months ago when the TF was created should have been that only one side of the issue is represented. And follow ups asking the CE why no TF members were chosen from MSI, MSRPA or gasp, even the Patriot Picket.

Real journalism is hard work I guess.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Why would you not read the article? When the gun grabbers open their playbook go ahead and read it.

That FB page got Pittman pissed off enough to come out and admit that the goal of the task force is more gun control laws. Something that anyone with half a brain already knew but now he's on the record.

I'd have more respect for them if they'd just admit what they were doing. Instead of pretending to be against "gun violence" (whatever that is), they should just come out and say they're against guns.
    Same thing for Marylanders to Prevent Gun Ownership.

Newsflash: everyone is against "gun violence." Its just that some people get the fact that there will always be guns available, even if only on the black market. The question thus becomes, how do we prevent people from wanting to commit murder? Everyday in America, about 400 million guns are not used in crimes. Guns are not the problem, people are.

Let us not forget: the Sandy Hook shooter started the day by murdering his mother while she was lying in her own bed, before he went off to murder innocent school kids. No gun control measure that i have seen does anything to reduce the reasons why people want to commit such heinous acts. Until that happens, gun control will continue to fail.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Some choice PP quotes in here. I enjoyed how the intern went out of her way to avoid quoting the offensive and nutty things Andrea has posted on social media. Im sure the PP would have received the same courtesy.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And Andrea Chamblee has took it all. Hook, line and sinker.

It's just stupefying; how she blames Maryland law abiding gun owners for these murders.
    Not only for the murders, but "threats" against her (somebody had a pro-gun magazine mailed to her house), trying to break into her house etc.

Ed Zachary.

The headline months ago when the TF was created should have been that only one side of the issue is represented. And follow ups asking the CE why no TF members were chosen from MSI, MSRPA or gasp, even the Patriot Picket.

Real journalism is hard work I guess.

Pittman said in the article that none of those groups would be invited to the task force because they were only interested in "improving gun laws". If you aren't in favor of more restrictions on law abiding gun owners you can't play with them.

They can't understand that restrictions on objects don't change behavior.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Not only for the murders, but "threats" against her (somebody had a pro-gun magazine mailed to her house), trying to break into her house etc.

Pittman said in the article that none of those groups would be invited to the task force because they were only interested in "improving gun laws". If you aren't in favor of more restrictions on law abiding gun owners you can't play with them.

They can't understand that restrictions on objects don't change behavior.

I'm all for improving gun laws. It's just that his idea and my idea of "improvement" are a little bit different.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm all for improving gun laws. It's just that his idea and my idea of "improvement" are a little bit different.

I agree. Less restrictions on law-abiding gun owners. Any law that targets "gun violence" that doesn't address criminal behaviour is absolutely useless.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yep, against efforts to end gun violence, that’s us, trying to protect 2A rights!

Attachments

• 0C1804C7-28E9-4DBB-801D-B264B82259C8.jpeg
      0C1804C7-28E9-4DBB-801D-B264B82259C8.jpeg
      32.5 KB · Views: 247

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Yep, against efforts to end gun violence, that’s us, trying to protect 2A rights!

Well that's just..... Stupid. I love these guys, they get into office and then they believe with all there heart that it's their way or the highway and they know so much more than you on everything. Pontificating idiots is what they are.
    . We spend hours writing letters, emails, calling them and trying to explain to them that the status quo isn't working. Keep doing the same thing and you are going to get the same results.
    * throws both hands into the air and #walksaway*

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Any new gun law that doesn't address actual criminals is utterly pointless.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Dear Lord. We already have over 22000 laws on the books about gun restrictions. You think for one minute that they can come up with another one that will solve the criminal abuse of guns that exists today? Hell they can't even figure out what room they are having there meeting in.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Seems like a play on words. The Force Pittman from Navarone has “gun violence” in the name so if someone asks a question they don’t like then they can say they are against us or “pro gun violence”. Like playing the race card, for any little thing they can’t effectively argue against.

Your constituents are not as stupid as you believe.

This story has the makings of National News! Penis’s and all. If they do not like the comments about their party line task force on FB ... move to national news. Not sure how to do that. Is out NRA rep back from the Bahamas? That’s a joke, sorry.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The problem with this task force is that they appear to have an unstated foundation that to end gun violence requires a reduction of and eventual end to gun ownership. All one needs to do is look at the membership of the group to make this deduction. Oh yes, and the rationale for Mr. Pittman denying a seat at the table to other points of view due to it requiring a change to his own executive order is laughable. The task force's report has already been written and is ready for release. All you need to do is look to Bloomberg's propaganda to find its sources.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Since the article was published the MDS thread has had 2,500 more views

Welcome Capital Gazette Readers!

Attachments

• 8EF44A70-22E3-42E8-AB2C-845CBBF9771F.jpg
      8EF44A70-22E3-42E8-AB2C-845CBBF9771F.jpg
      18.1 KB · Views: 249