Central Maryland Restaurant thread (show me pics of your food)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The Los Aztecas thread was so much fun let's make it more general. As you may have heard me whine, I am on a diet and only get to eat good food once a week. So that once a week I really want some GOOD food. Give me some ideas where and what to eat in the Central Maryland area (Howard, Carroll, Frederick or not too stupid far from those places).

My last Saturday dinner cheat meal was at Mount Airy Inn. They serve breakfast all day, and even though it was like 6PM, I was in the food for some breakfast. I rampaged on "G's Perfect Breakfast" with a side of scrapple. Everything was delicious although the scrapple was a little too well done.

When pic was taken I had already eaten one of the eggs and nibbled on other stuff. Mount Airy Inn is awesome, thumbs up :thumbsup:

Attachments

• sat dinner.jpg
      sat dinner.jpg
      99.1 KB · Views: 978

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    The Los Aztecas thread was so much fun let's make it more general. As you may have heard me whine, I am on a diet and only get to eat good food once a week. So that once a week I really want some GOOD food. Give me some ideas where and what to eat in the Central Maryland area (Howard, Carroll, Frederick or not too stupid far from those places).

My last Saturday dinner cheat meal was at Mount Airy Inn. They serve breakfast all day, and even though it was like 6PM, I was in the food for some breakfast. I rampaged on "G's Perfect Breakfast" with a side of scrapple. Everything was delicious although the scrapple was a little too well done.

When pic was taken I had already eaten one of the eggs and nibbled on other stuff. Mount Airy Inn is awesome, thumbs up :thumbsup:

Mount airy has some great places to eat. The tavern is always good, memories, laurienzos, Carter que, siempre de fiesta. A new restaurant opened off 144 called boulder 144. They have a burger that is awesome. Jojos taphouse in downtown Frederick, just ate there for the first time, they had good food. Smoking hot bar and grill in Glenn wood has awesome wings. Man now I am starving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    Mount airy has some great places to eat. The tavern is always good, memories, laurienzos, Carter que, siempre de fiesta. A new restaurant opened off 144 called boulder 144. They have a burger that is awesome. Jojos taphouse in downtown Frederick, just ate there for the first time, they had good food. Smoking hot bar and grill in Glenn wood has awesome wings. Man now I am starving

Where on 144? East of 27?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You seem to have these cheat days down to a mouthwatering science.

I commend you, Sir.

PS: Short of burning it, it's impossible to overcook scrapple. The crispier, the better.

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    Yes East of 144. 17004 FREDERICK ROAD MOUNT AIRY, MARYLAND.

I forget the name of the place that used to be there...

Ahh. The place along 70 that's been off and on since the long term owners sold off around mid 90's. I was thinking about the one in Poplar Springs. Haven't been to either one in 15yrs

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    Ahh. The place along 70 that's been off and on since the long term owners sold off around mid 90's. I was thinking about the one in Poplar Springs. Haven't been to either one in 15yrs

May be more east of that. Are you thinking of the place near the motel?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

I notches your said, "once a week." Becuae I was gonna say, Dayum that can't be part of your diet plan. :lol2:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Where on 144? East of 27?

I think he means Bolder. Not too far from where Four Seasons used to be, but more toward Lisbon. I've never eaten there, but I can attest to driving past there and seeing the parking lot PACKED. Must be a pretty decent place if that many people are eating there. http://bolder144.com/menu-2/

Also, Morgan Station Inn is under new management and I have noticed that the parking lot has been a lot more full. Also some guy at the gym was telling me that have awesome crab cakes there.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    May be more east of that. Are you thinking of the place near the motel?

I think the place near the hotel, formerly called "Four Seaons" for decades and then "The Fifth Season" for a hot second, is now some sort of Hispanic church.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Yes East of 144. 17004 FREDERICK ROAD MOUNT AIRY, MARYLAND.

I forget the name of the place that used to be there...

I think it used to be called Country Kettle/Springs Landing/Drovers and perhaps a few other names over the years. I have never eaten there.

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    Wife and I will occasionally go to Dutch country restaurant on saturdays for breakfast. It's in Hanover,pa. I love their breakfast.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I remember it being the Poplar Springs Inn, but that goes way back:D

I remember Woodbine Guns, ran by the guy with the big beard. I remember their ads in HoCoMoFreddies for AK-47s with a bunch of mags for something like $300. That's going pretty far back there too! :D

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    Barley and Hops near the FSK Mall in Frederick has consistently had good food and service over the years. They brew beer on site and have different types thru the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom