• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingshawaiian

Sep 25, 2016
    I have a VG6 Gamma for my Del-ton and it refuses to install correctly. The vents are supposed to be at the top, logo on the bottom. When I put the crush washer on both ways (to see if it made a difference) the logo was either on the side or at the top. THIS THING WILL NOT INSTALL HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO! I have all the tools and block for the vice. Something so simple is driving me insane! Anybody else had this issue before and how the heck do you fix it??

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Have you tried a different crush washer? Sometimes they don't crush to the right timing/torque.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have a VG6 Gamma for my Del-ton and it refuses to install correctly. The vents are supposed to be at the top, logo on the bottom. When I put the crush washer on both ways (to see if it made a difference) the logo was either on the side or at the top. THIS THING WILL NOT INSTALL HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO! I have all the tools and block for the vice. Something so simple is driving me insane! Anybody else had this issue before and how the heck do you fix it??

Not to sound condescending, but are you sure you're installing it correctly? Set your upper in a vise or other technique to hold it in place. Place the crush washer on the barrel. Next screw the VG6 on to the barrel. Now take a wrench or other tool and tighten it to about 15-20 ft/lb. Once there, barely loosen the VG6, then once again torque it down to the same ft/lbs. You will notice the VG6 will go a little further each time. Continue this back and forth/tighten, loosen, retighten technique until your VG6 is in the proper orientation.

There are Youtube videos that will show you exactly how to do it.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but some people try to man handle the brake/suppressor and it just doesn't work that way.

kingshawaiian

Sep 25, 2016
    Wasn't using enough torque. Didn't want to bend my barrel... Got it installed... finally. that was a "shoulda had a v8" moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom