• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Wait till november if you can and get 3x the money for it.

This. Sit tight. Who knows, perhaps you won't want to sell it by then because getting one to replace the one you sell tomorrow will be very difficult in the future...

Pitbull410

Aug 1, 2016
    Hey guys got a question revolving this. I have a Spikes lower+upper(no barrel) with spikes parts kit installed in it. If I wanted to sell this to a friend do I need to do a ffl transfer? Takes it to mdsp? Or regular sale?

Say i put my hbar complete upper on it? Sell it to him, then he sells me back my hbar upper, and I sell him the stripped spikes upper? Sell rules different? Same?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hey guys got a question revolving this. I have a Spikes lower+upper(no barrel) with spikes parts kit installed in it. If I wanted to sell this to a friend do I need to do a ffl transfer? Takes it to mdsp? Or regular sale?

Say i put my hbar complete upper on it? Sell it to him, then he sells me back my hbar upper, and I sell him the stripped spikes upper? Sell rules different? Same?

Just go do the MSP ten dollar route with the lower instead of trying to skirt the laws.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    A home brew? Wouldn't touch it without a going over from a gunsmith at your expense.

A lot of smiths won't go over it to provide a guarantee that it is safe or good to go. Too much liability. Anyone buying homebrew guns should have a little knowledge of what to look for and what to check. I'll inspect the bolt face, chamber and check headspace. And then general assembly condition and wear. That being said, ARs are pretty hard guns to make unsafe. If it has spent its life firing factory ammo and is reasonably good condition, I'd buy a homebrew. At worst I have a pile of spare parts to do my own build on in the future.

Matt

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    A lot of smiths won't go over it to provide a guarantee that it is safe or good to go. Too much liability. Anyone buying homebrew guns should have a little knowledge of what to look for and what to check. I'll inspect the bolt face, chamber and check headspace. And then general assembly condition and wear. That being said, ARs are pretty hard guns to make unsafe. If it has spent its life firing factory ammo and is reasonably good condition, I'd buy a homebrew. At worst I have a pile of spare parts to do my own build on in the future.

Matt

Along those lines, if I bought one(and there's no reason I would), I'd be inclined to tear it down to bare parts and reassemble it(with replacement parts where needed).

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Along those lines, if I bought one(and there's no reason I would), I'd be inclined to tear it down to bare parts and reassemble it(with replacement parts where needed).

I feel like most uppers are bought complete anyway so I wouldn't shy away from a home build. Hell a lower is 10 mins of you evening to fix and everything can be replaced for 50 bucks

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    September set an all-time record for gun sales, so we are seeing a "walk, don't run panic".

Prices are creeping up and that acts as a brake.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    how much longer you thinking till 1,000 dollar should be 700 dollar ar's start again lol?

As soon as Hitlery plops down at her desk inside the oral orifice and starts yapping about solving gun violence in America. Then panic will ensue.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I feel like most uppers are bought complete anyway so I wouldn't shy away from a home build. Hell a lower is 10 mins of you evening to fix and everything can be replaced for 50 bucks

You are probably right, but maybe not as wide a ratio as you might think. Either way, I've never seen an upper I couldn't build myself. Be that as it may, I would not take a home built upper to the range without first giving it a once-over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom