• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Absolutely. It’s too bad he closed the distance before she had a chance at stopping him, but she never gave up!

The article said she “could have shot him”.

Lesson: If you don’t have the balls to pull the trigger, don’t grab a gun. You may just be handing your attacker a better tool than he has already.

Mr H

Banana'd

Lesson: If you don’t have the balls to pull the trigger, don’t grab a gun. You may just be handing your attacker a better tool than he has already.

Her husband seemed disappointed that she just couldn't pull the trigger, but also understanding. I'm sure they'll talk ;)

She did get a solid bite in, apparently... I just hope she doesn't need rabies shots.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Her husband seemed disappointed that she just couldn't pull the trigger, but also understanding. I'm sure they'll talk ;)

She did get a solid bite in, apparently... I just hope she doesn't need rabies shots.

Fact remains, she did the wrong thing and is lucky to be alive.

chipd

May 20, 2017
    Rule of Thumb is that if someone can walk there from public transportation, there will be a rape, home invasion, and robbery there that year. And at least one murder every 3 years. I refuse to live anywhere where you can walk to any source of public transportation. Since I did that, I have not even had to worry about locking my cars. FYI

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Fact remains, she did the wrong thing and is lucky to be alive.

I remember Massad Ayoob best as a writer from years ago who mentioned this issue in a way I'd never seen written about before. That is, he mentioned that should the need arise, can you actually use the firearm that you are thinking about possessing? Because some people cannot. And if you don't know and haven't reconciled the answer to that question well in advance? I think his actual words may have been (or were along the lines of) that you run the risk of turning that firearm over to someone a whole lot less conscience stricken.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I remember Massad Ayoob best as a writer from years ago who mentioned this issue in a way I'd never seen written about before. That is, he mentioned that should the need arise, can you actually use the firearm that you are thinking about possessing? Because some people cannot. And if you don't know and haven't reconciled the answer to that question well in advance? I think his actual words may have been (or were along the lines of) that you run the risk of turning that firearm over to someone a whole lot less conscience stricken.

That's a good way to put it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Rule of Thumb is that if someone can walk there from public transportation, there will be a rape, home invasion, and robbery there that year. And at least one murder every 3 years. I refuse to live anywhere where you can walk to any source of public transportation. Since I did that, I have not even had to worry about locking my cars. FYI

Meanwhile rest of the world, people pay a premium to live near public transportation!

It was god send in Montreal during university!!!

When i moved to MD after university, i took the public bus after dropping off the uHaul truck.

Haven't touched public transportation since :sad20:

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Lived in Catonsville years ago over in the “Paradise” region. The name I’m positive is purely for irony. After getting my car sideswiped twice, watching the neighbors go from back yard parties to staying indoors when the public housing got into full swing again, and having to play the “can I park and get inside without the guys dealing in the alley realizing I’m a witness” game multiple times we moved out to AA county.

Maybe it’s just being burnt out from being there so long but I won’t set foot in that part of Catonsville again, even for gas.

Also a heads up, keep your head on a swivel if you’re stopping at the RoFo or either of the two gas stations just off 695 on Edmondson; they get robbed constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Worked in the westside burbs for 10+yrs. Inside the beltway is like a crime bazaar. Always loved the homes around south Rolling road. Old money and Profs up in there.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    My wife is about to begin a new job at a lab in Catonsville. The lab is owned by a doctor who also has an adjacent office.

The person who hired my wife was working at the lab last week. It was only her in the lab and a cleaning person in the dr's office around midnight. The cleaning person saw a male inside the office near her. She yelled at him asking what he was doing there. His response was "I have an appointment". She yelled at him to leave, which he did. Apparently the cleaning person did not lock the doors to the office after entering that night. The lab, where the person who hired my wife was working, heard the exterior door handle jiggle, but the door was locked.

This could have turned out bad for both of them that night. Thankfully the perp wasn't violent, probably just looking for drugs.

Since my wife doesn't have G&S she cannot carry a firearm lawfully. I'll be poring over the taser threads today.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

Absolutely. It’s too bad he closed the distance before she had a chance at stopping him, but she never gave up!

And from the article:

"He raced up to her. At that point, she could have shot him; she ended up fighting with him for control of the gun," he said.

His wife was shot in her hand, but kept fighting.

I just found this thread, please forgive my tardiness. That article is rather poorly written and doesn't make it very clear, but the quote from the article above makes it sound like she was prepared to shoot the burglar, but he closed the distance too quickly and grabbed the gun before she fired, and by that time they were struggling for control of the gun when she was shot in her hand, then the fight continued (maybe the gun jammed or didn't cycle) with teeth.

Whatever happened, it's good that she prevailed in the end.

[Any bets on whether the scumbag is already back out on the street?:mad54:]

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Sad.
    I give a lot of credit to people who deliver food. Seems like a tough way to make a few bucks. Sickening that someone would murder a person for a couple hundred dollars.

Attachments

• 44DCBAA6-6ACC-485C-A669-71B933A35069.jpg
      44DCBAA6-6ACC-485C-A669-71B933A35069.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 305

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

That’s a must for me when looking at homes. No where within walking distance, personally I think they should stop it at the city line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom