• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Did spam cams run out. I missed them years ago I've been broke since they came back and now I don't see them on the site.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I will begin selling Garands once again from my bloated inventory around mid October, but they are some of my more expensive rifles. They'll be a mix of International Harvesters, Springfield Armory, a SA made by Roland Beaver for match type work and a Pietro Berretta (PB) or two.

Prices will range from $1250 to $2100. I no longer have any entry level Garands. I am selling to reduce the holdings because of a medical condition that has ruined my lungs.

Send me an email if interested and outline your want(s), and I will responded, but I will not be able to provide pics till later this month.

Lew--Ranger63

I am sorry to hear about your health.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Spam cans seem to be sold out right now but they were sold out in 2010 then BAM! Spam cans. Not saying they will show up again but don't take it as gospel that they are gone. I would just order some of the loose pack cans though.
    Or on second thought don't. More for me.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    If anyone is looking for a Barreld Receiver to build up, i have one I can let go. It's a Feb 1945 with original 2/45 barrel in original finish.

Attachments

• IMG_4202.jpg
      IMG_4202.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 174

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'm not ready financially I wish I was but I was curious about cmp procedures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start by going to the CMP web site and start poking around, there is lots of information and other interesting stuff but you need to explore because it is not the most user friendly site. One place to visit is the CMP Forum which is much like MDS Forum but about all things CMP and is a good place to get your questions answered.

You can submit your CMP paperwork and get qualified for purchase before you buy a Rifle (you will still have to send in a signed and notarized order form when you order) but all the qualification information will already be on file and you just fill in "On File" on the check sheet. You will also be able to order from their E-store things like ammunition and accessories.

Link to the CMP homepage:
    http://thecmp.org/

Link to the CMP Forum (it is listed under Communications on homepage):
    http://forums.thecmp.org/

Link to E-store (it is listed under Sales & Services on the homepage):
    http://estore.thecmp.org/

Link to CMP Ordering Information:
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/ordering-information/

Link to CMP Eligibility Requirements:
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/

Lots of other links on CMP site you just have to keep poking around.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Only Garand you could get at that price would be a non firing drill rifle.
    If you ever do find a firing Garand at that price, jump on it do not wait as it would not last long. You never know,Good luck

I had made the original post with a lot less background knowledge. I just figured there had been companies that had made newer M1 garands that were the same gun, just modernized and with no historical value and sold relatively cheap. Apparently there aren't lol.

Orlando

I had made the original post with a lot less background knowledge. I just figured there had been companies that had made newer M1 garands that were the same gun, just modernized and with no historical value and sold relatively cheap. Apparently there aren't lol.

Its not the historical value that sets the price
    SAI used to make commercial Garands but stopped as they could not compete with CMP. It is costly to produce a commercial garand
    Just look at the price of M1A's

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Its not the historical value that sets the price
    SAI used to make commercial Garands but stopped as they could not compete with CMP. It is costly to produce a commercial garand
    Just look at the price of M1A's

Yup. I can't imagine commercial Garand family receivers (M1, M14/M1A, BM59) ever being as cheap as AR uppers and lowers, barring some massive advancement in metal-forming technology. M1 receivers are very complex geometries to machine, which translates to a lot of labor and therefore cost to produce. The GOV made them when talented machinists were a lot more common and worked for a lot less money.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Yup. I can't imagine commercial Garand family receivers (M1, M14/M1A, BM59) ever being as cheap as AR uppers and lowers, barring some massive advancement in metal-forming technology. M1 receivers are very complex geometries to machine, which translates to a lot of labor and therefore cost to produce. The GOV made them when talented machinists were a lot more common and worked for a lot less money.

And no CNC!

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Ah well. That was my though process, figured theyd be cheaper than an AR. Sucks a company does produce them for 500 or so. I'd like a newly built yet affordable Garand, guess thats not going to happen lol.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    The Garands have become rather expensive, but if you can find one reasonably priced, $950-1200, and one that is of WWII vintage, you'll be better off than buying a non USGI rifle, especially when CMP is finished selling Garands.

Be patient and think longer term and I feel you'll come out ahead.

I have a nice August 1941 Springfield Armory Garand (the 2d oldest SN I've owned) on Gunbroker right now, and I will be adding some IHCs when I get back to Maryland. I am trimming a substantial inventory of Garands ahead of schedule due to illness.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam (2), Germany

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    They could be "not accepting orders" for six weeks or six months; there's no knowing. Keep an eye on them, have your paperwork ready, and jump when they start accepting orders again.

You could sign up for their e-mail newsletter; that will help you stay on top of what's happening.

I think that the Feds Obama have blocked incoming sales, but the suggestion is till good. Wish I had bought earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom