• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Update to this build. While perusing the wares of one of out IP's I stumbled upon a rail that was a bit longer than what I wanted, but I was tired of having no hand guard on the carbine. Ended up snagging a UTG Pro 15" keymod rail. It's basically a slim keymod rail like the BCM MKR that I have on my 20" rifle, but much easier to install. Made in the US and unlike some other UTG stuff I've handled in the past or pulled off a rifle, this isn't junk. Going from a 10" rail to a 15" wasn't planned, but I like the way it currently sits. I need to get a few keymod rail attachments so I can scout mount my Streamlight like I had it on the Magpul carbine hand guard as well as get a vertical foregrip for it. Until I get a shot of it on the carbine, this is a stock shot of it:

MTU019SSK_PRO_01.gif

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah it is a Noveske NSR "clone". I picked up a 13.5" version (not UTG) for my 20" HBAR. I like the length as it just lets the gas block peek out from the end of the handguard without it being fully exposed and that ounce or two less weight of a 15" further out. I should have it on tonight or tomorrow night as my sling/bipod stud should be in my mailbox today. Last thing I've been waiting on to install my handguard and then the rifle is done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom