• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Have a slate roof which butts up against my neighbors asphalt shingle roof.
    She is the end unit of a group of 2 story town houses. Her roof slopes directly to mine and I have 2 leaks in my plaster ceilings. She of course will do nothing about it. I on the other hand do not want to spend a lot to fix a problem that is not my fault. If you work in the Towson area and want to take a look\ contact me here or text me at 443-602-5080

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    I'm not a roofer but just went through basically the same thing.In my case I have the EOG with slate.My roof is peaked running front to rear with slate.Neighbors is what I'd refer to as a partial peak,just along the front of the house running from right to left with the majority of her roof being flat covered in a rubber membrane.With my fully peaked roof and hers with the peak running opposite mine it creates all kinds of valleys and seams to potentially leak. The adjoining wall leaked on my side one time during one of the torrential rains we had a few years ago.
    Six months or so she comes by and says her ceilings were leaking.Already had one contractor out and said it was my side leaking and undermining hers.She wanted to coordinate getting a few other opinions and have it taken care of.Along the lines of maybe one or two of my choice and the same of her choosing.After a few estimates they all came to more or less the same conclusion,both sides needed work.Mine being the more labor intensive and costly. Now I have the outside of the peak slate and the inside plain shingles,neighbor has the same.Neither one wanted to go through the added expense of slate.My side ended up at $1500 for 30yr shingles.Thankfully we do not live a few blocks over where slate is required by the HOA or it would have been 9-12k for an entire roof.Shame not all neighbors share responsibilities that come along with rowhome/townhome living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom