• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I went in there today trying to pick up some ammo. The ammo was Silver Bear 7.62x54R soft-points of a non-regulated calibre and a calibre I know for a fact they don't make pistols for. However they refused to sell it to me because I am not 21. Are you kidding me?? Pistol ammo I can understand but a legitimate rifle calibre? I just walked out and I refuse to ever walk in there again even when I am 21. The disdain they show for college-age students is ridiculous. Not all of us are drinking, doped-up, sex fiends. The one good thing I can say was that at least one of the helpers there saw how ridiculous it was but still had no say. They lost a customer for life.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    They lost me as a customer when they told me I wouldn't be able to assemble an AR-15 lower on my own and I would need a gunsmith to help me... Do not EVER tell me I can't do something.

Oh and their prices didn't help them either hahaha

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    got a good deal on a Beretta Police special from them

With the ammo, i think they are just covering their ass
    Went to Walmart to buy ammo and they check my id - i ask if i look over 18 (I am a bald 38 yr old) and he told me you had to be over 26

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Ive been buying handgun ammo from them and their other store since I was 19. You sure you werent in Valley Gun Shop which is right next door? The sign for Just Guns is over top the Valley store on the side street.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Hate to say it, but that's policy at a large number of area gun shops. I've seen other gun shops decline ammo sales at gun shows to under 21's.

Reason is, the law limiting "handgun" ammo sales to 21 and over.

It is complete B.S... because the idiots who created this law don't comprehend that caliber has absolutely nothing to do with intended use; handguns can and have been produced that accept virtually any caliber ever conceived. Therefore, to cover themselves legally shops have to restrict ALL ammo sales to 21 and over customers.

Keep in mind the same geniuses who've given us these laws are the same Einsteins who came up with the "fired shell database" idea, for all guns - including revolvers.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I called them for some prices, they seemed ridiculously high, end of interest. Since Keith Caudill died and Denny's closed up there is only one gun shop left I know of that I will do business with in the Baltimore area, and that's Continental. Well actually two now that Gun Connection is open. That's it though. I still see business as a relationship built on trust and it only takes one time of trying to screw me to lose my business for life.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    They are for idiots who don't know prices, value or the meaning of customer service. I only go in there when I want to mind f**k them on prices. They hate to see me come in the door.

The gunsmith they have is a nice guy though.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I called them for some prices, they seemed ridiculously high, end of interest. Since Keith Caudill died and Denny's closed up there is only one gun shop left I know of that I will do business with in the Baltimore area, and that's Continental. Well actually two now that Gun Connection is open. That's it though. I still see business as a relationship built on trust and it only takes one time of trying to screw me to lose my business for life.

+1, white marsh arms is decent too, just a little far to drive.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    got a good deal on a Beretta Police special from them

With the ammo, i think they are just covering their ass
    Went to Walmart to buy ammo and they check my id - i ask if i look over 18 (I am a bald 38 yr old) and he told me you had to be over 26

That Police Special deal is great... I hate to support a-hole businesses, but then again I am not wealthy! I'll do anything to save a buck!

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Ive been buying handgun ammo from them and their other store since I was 19. You sure you werent in Valley Gun Shop which is right next door? The sign for Just Guns is over top the Valley store on the side street.

Positive! I even went to Valley Guns first to see if Sandy had any ammo left he was letting go for cheap but was already cleared out of it all when I went. From this feedback I am getting I am glad I did not get any ammo from them. I will just stick to gun shows or going out of state. Prices here are ridiculous.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    George, an armorer, is a super guy. It's my understanding he spent a lot of time keeping our military firearms functioning in several of it's conflicts. After purchasing a '43 Colt 1911 from a dealer in PA, George went over it from stem to stern - replaced some worn parts I wasn't aware of and handed it back to me with assurance that she was good to go. The gun, as many I own, shoots better than the owner <g>.

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    Not trying to bring up old news or bad blood, but, can someone explain the problem with this Sandy fellow? I'm rather new to gun scene and haven't heard the apparent horror stories.

Nick29

MD expat
    Jan 17, 2007
    Suffolk, VA

fwiw, I've seen a few people (mostly on THR/APS) defend him as getting screwed on a technicality, which is complete BS IMO. If nothing else, his shoddy record keeping has given the gun grabbers another bit of ammunition against the law-abiding gun owners of this state. The fact that he was an NRA board member gives them more ammunition and makes his negligence even more inexcusable, as his position undoubtedly put him under greater scrutiny from the ATF and other gun grabbers.

I went in there today trying to pick up some ammo. The ammo was Silver Bear 7.62x54R soft-points of a non-regulated calibre and a calibre I know for a fact they don't make pistols for. However they refused to sell it to me because I am not 21. Are you kidding me?? Pistol ammo I can understand but a legitimate rifle calibre? I just walked out and I refuse to ever walk in there again even when I am 21. The disdain they show for college-age students is ridiculous. Not all of us are drinking, doped-up, sex fiends. The one good thing I can say was that at least one of the helpers there saw how ridiculous it was but still had no say. They lost a customer for life.

Same thing happened to me at a gun show, my business went elsewhere.

-Jim @ CC

toddriver

Jan 23, 2008
    I bought a 1911 from "just guns". All of the sales people were pretty decent to me. I would buy from them again. Not to discount anybody else's dealings with them.

They have a pretty good selection.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I had pretty good dealings with them. I have bought (2) AK-47 Yugo underfolders and a Tommy Gun from them. I also bought a Russian SKS from their O.C. Outdoors store in Dundalk. I always had a good experience with them. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate dealings, but I've been pretty happy. I wont argue that their prices are a little high, although they are still on par with the rest of the MD dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom