• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    How many of us have had an accidental/negligent discharge of a firearm in the house? How many will admit it? Absolutely stupid and careless. Don't ask me how I know...:innocent0

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Bb gun when I was a kid. I don't chamber any rounds/shells in the house. I have been around too many ADs in my time and luckily just property damaged and not people.

Saw a soldier "ride the bolt home" on an M60 in Somali...killed the driver and a driver(front passenger) in their hummer.

Another soldier did the same thing with an M249 SAW.

The worst was an AD with a MK19 grenade launcher. Gunner half loaded it then was pulled from the mission last minute...replacement gunner thinking he was half loading pulled the charging handles, pressed the trigger and boom! I nearly choked on my pancakes!

Air Force Captain rode along and I handed him my Mossberg pistol grip 590, making sure to take out the chambered shell, good thing too. First bump in the road and I hear a click.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Never. Did once have an outdoor incident where a SxS set one off as the breech closed (a stuck firing pin on an old Parker). Dug a nice little hole in the ground in front of me. It was the PERFECT object lesson in why "keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times" is the thing that it is.

Oh, also did touch one off earlier than I meant to while handling someone else's race gun. Lighter trigger pull than I expected, and sent one down range a good four feet wide of the intended target. Safely into a berm, but it was still jarring. Another good argument for dry-firing alien guns before you go hot.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Not yet, but I'm am always careful, and try to think clearly anytime...that being said, it can happen to anyone, especially if they handle guns a lot and get careless..

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Never. Did once have an outdoor incident where a SxS set one off as the breech closed (a stuck firing pin on an old Parker). Dug a nice little hole in the ground in front of me. It was the PERFECT object lesson in why "keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times" is the thing that it is.

Oh, also did touch one off earlier than I meant to while handling someone else's race gun. Lighter trigger pull than I expected, and sent one down range a good four feet wide of the intended target. Safely into a berm, but it was still jarring. Another good argument for dry-firing alien guns before you go hot.

I do this 100% of the time with a new shooter.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I've always associated accidental discharge with a mechanical malfunction of the firearm, and negligent discharge with a mental malfunction of the operator.

S.M.I.B

May 21, 2013
    Calvert County
    Cleaning all dads guns was one of my chores as a kid. I was 14 and just finished cleaning a Ruger Blackhawk in 41 mag. All guns were kept loaded so I reloaded and went to drop the hammer and it slipped. Blew a hole in my bedroom wall and a picket off of the deck. Things could have ended a lot worse. Really scared teenager with a new found respect for muzzle discipline and some common sense safety principles.

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    I’ve had an accidental discharge with a friend’s ar15. The hammer pin busted (or walked out of the hole can’t remember which now) and fired on its own. Luckily I had it pointed downrange at the ground.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Inside the house: None

Outside of the house: 1, going from full cock to half cock safety on a lever action 30-30, going hunting. The hammer slipped from underneath my glove.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Funny I was just thinking about this today. At a friend's house and he wanted to show me his new rifle,AR platform. He couldn't get the BCG back and fiddled around with it for a minute the next thing I know is he points the barrel up towards the ceiling and pulls the trigger. A big bang occurred and I never hung around him again when firearms were present. I did give him some plumbers putty to fix the hole in the roof.

mbryanty

Nov 16, 2013
    None myself, but I was standing 20 feet away from a guy who was opening the top cover of a 240 mounted on a Humvee. I don't know what he was doing ... and I don't think he did either ... but a small burst of 3 rounds made its way out. Thankfully the muzzle was pointed at a berm.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Negligent
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members