• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I propose several things, although they will require a constitutional amendment.
    Hold sessions every other year.
    Shorten the session to 10 weeks.
    For every new bill that becomes law, an existing bill must be repealed.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Televise all proceedings, All of them.
    A bills sponsor must be able to explain the bill, on a 6th grade level, in less than 5 minutes without notes.
    All bills need to be passed by a 2/3 margin
    TERM LIMITS

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Any background qualification a prospective gun owner must meet, is also required to serve in the legislature or to receive a license to practice law.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Bills must include a statement regarding purpose and expected outcome, subject to review. If the bill fails to achieve the desired outcome it gets wiped. Maybe a 5 yr window?

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    They had like 3700 new bills submitted this year. Maryland does not need 3700 new laws.They should cap it at 10, or 6.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Average is 2,500- ish .

In an earlier thread , I observed about 90% of Bills die in Committtee, on purpose .

In order to justify their existences to their constituents, Lawmakers write Bills, to show they're " doing somthing " . Most of them are inherently stupid , or at best of very limited usefulness. For the hand full of topics potentially Law worthy , more than one legislators probably is aware , and half dozen or more similar Bills were introduced , at most one would move forewards.

Yes , 2018 was more than usual of the usual , but even in the best of times a state legislature is sausage making , wrapped up in a layer of ironic comedy .

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    No member of the legislature can cast a vote on a bill they haven't read in it's entirety. By voting affirmatively they are averring that they have read the bill in it's entirety.

UFB that a legislator can vote to pass a law they haven't read or hasn't even been available in full to read. Why not just issue some blank checks on the treasury while they're about it.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    If a bill is ultimately deemed unconstitutional by either the state or federal supreme court, the legislators that voted for it pay personally for the court costs of the plantifs.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have nothing but anyone who wants to be in the state legislature, must also have served in the armed forces. No more family heritage in the MGA. No more snot nosed, rich kid or no more same old thing is normal.

I'd also like to see their pay set to a more realistic part time employment salary.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    All laws must include a sunset.

THIS!

The really important stuff was written into law decades ago. From now forward, ALL laws need an expiration date. If it’s important, it can be renewed with updates later. If not, it SHOULD die. Then, eventually, legislatures would be spending more of their time keeping the actually important stuff in force and up to date and have less time for inventing new ways to enslave, abuse, manipulate and parasitize their citizenry.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I propose several things, although they will require a constitutional amendment.

Hold sessions every other year.

Shorten the session to 10 weeks.

For every new bill that becomes law, an existing bill must be repealed.

I would say for every law passed, repeal three until we restore some sanity with regard to ridiculous, outdated laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom