• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick O'Shay

Mar 15, 2018
    Hello,

In the early 90's I bought a Davis .380 new for $100 at A & D Gun & Pawn in Glen Burnie. I've shot 100 -200 rounds through it with never a misfire or jam. I was looking on the web to see resale on it & found info about the gun exploding & injuring the user causing a lawsuit & close of Davis Arms. The ones I saw online were all made in Chino CA while mine says Mira Loma CA. Does anyone know if the Davis from Mira Loma is safe to use? It's poop for target shooting but it's small & easy to throw in a back pocket to run out in the back yard if you think trouble is up. I have never had an issue with it, so I'd hate to get rid of it, but if it's unsafe I think I'll wait for another gun buy back and let it get melted. Suggestions? Please play nice I'm new here.

Thanks!

Rick O'Shay

Mar 15, 2018
    Thanks!

Yea, that's kind of what I'm thinking. Full return on investment 20+ years later & an unsafe Saturday Night Special where it can't do harm isn't a bad deal. There was a buy back years ago they gave an X-Box for them, should have done it then.
    Thanks

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    That's one of the guns that falls under the melting point restrictions, right ?

The difference in manufacturing location is probably meaningless. This was a gaggle of companies that re-incorporated and moved around a couple of times. The underlying design and production machinery never changed.

Offer it to BPD as a 'throwdown gun' ;-)

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Surprised the gun was on Maryland roster.
    Davis is Jenning's son in law. One of the "Ring of Fire" guns. $100 I hope isn't life changing for you. The buy back is a good idea, or keep it as a memento.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I had one of those. I think I paid 75 bucks for it at the gun shop in Fells Point. I was almost happy when it got stolen less than a year later. Never did fire the gun.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I was with a friend out at a range who bought a Davis .380 that I couldn’t talk him out of purchasing . After the second mag he started getting misfires . Looking at the slide it was plain to see why. The firing pin was bulging out of the front of the slide.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I had a buddy with one. Piece of junk. Couldn’t make it though an entire mag without jamming most of the time. I would be willing to bet he still has it.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I made the mistake of buying a Davis right after I turned 21.

It has never had any issues, and have shot it a fair bit over the years (20 ish).
    Wouldn't bet my life on it, but it always want bang.

GLR En

Aug 26, 2017
    I have one which I have never shot and probably won't. It belonged to my brother, so I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom