• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Tell them you are a gay transgender and they will have to sell them to you.

yeah if a white male, or anything 2a, gets denied, that is perfectly ok. but if you're a member of any other 'protected' group and get anything at all denied, that is a big problem.

and 'carding' folks that are buying perfectly legal products, that is just friggin crazy.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    It's like restaurants that have signs that say "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" which is BS. They can refuse service but there must be a good reason.

That's incorrect.

They certainly can refuse service for any reason, and it doesn't have to be a particularly good one - it just can't be a legally prohibited one.

-Rob

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    WTH is going on with stores refusing to sell perfectly legal items because "well, it's our policy". Is this even legal ?

I understand it's their business and "they can do whatever they want" but they can't just willy nilly refuse service.
    It's like restaurants that have signs that say "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" which is BS. They can refuse service but there must be a good reason.

So you agree that the bakery shop had to bake a cake for the gay wedding. I guess we aren't as free as we think we are.

To answer your question. You can be refused for service for any reason. Is it good PR? Maybe not but the market has a way of dealing with people. It works both ways. You're not forced to shop there...they can't be forced to have you as a customer.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So you agree that the bakery shop had to bake a cake for the gay wedding. I guess we aren't as free as we think we are.

To answer your question. You can be refused for service for any reason. Is it good PR? Maybe not but the market has a way of dealing with people. It works both ways. You're not forced to shop there...they can't be forced to have you as a customer.

I don’t think he was expressing an opinion. He was sharing what the law states. Since the civil rights act, no, you haven’t been free to discriminate and they’ve racked on some extras on what discrimination means over the years. ADA was added in the 90s.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I don’t think he was expressing an opinion. He was sharing what the law states. Since the civil rights act, no, you haven’t been free to discriminate and they’ve racked on some extras on what discrimination means over the years. ADA was added in the 90s.

I guess I should have included "with the exception of race, religion, color, etc" in my comment. Maybe we take that for granted?

He was refused because he was from out of state. Not knowing the law is bad for business in this case.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I guess I should have included "with the exception of race, religion, color, etc" in my comment. Maybe we take that for granted?

He was refused because he was from out of state. Not knowing the law is bad for business in this case.

Absolutely. BGOS also applies to FFLs too though. BGSS.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

To stay off thread, they did not refuse to sell the gays a cake, they refused to decorate it! But on thread are all of us from a "identified" state going to have to be like the 16 year old outside the liquor store asking someone to by a 6 pack of Schlitz or a 30rd mag? Just see Hogsniper in Hannover, he'll treat you right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom