Sholastic Action Shooting Program - Coming to the AGC!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    GREAT NEWS!!!

AGC ACTION SHOOTING is excited to announce that the "Maryland Scholastic Action Shooting Program" is coming to the AGC.

Open House / Live Demonstration
    Friday Sept 11, 4pm - 6pm
    Shooting Bay #6

The Maryland Scholastic Action Shooting Program, a sport program under the national Scholastic Action Shooting Program (SASP) where youth up to college ages compete in matches on simplified Steel Challenge stages.

Shooter & team registrations are going on now. State & regional competitions will be in spring, 2021; national competitions will be in July 2021 at the Cardinal Center in Marengo, Ohio.

Youth are organized into teams. Members of any AGC club are welcome to join the Meade Rifle & Pistol Club (MRPC) team as this program gets started, although clubs are able to organize their own teams if they like. Teams require at least four youth shooters and one coach.
    • Youth may participate using .22 rifles, .22 handguns and/or centerfire handguns and rifles (pistol caliber carbines).
    • Targets are steel circle or rectangular plates.
    • All courses of fire are timed events.

Click here to Learn more about SASP

Coach Alex would like to invite you and your interested kids (grade school through college) to join us for an Open House/Demo.

Open House/Live Demonstration
    Friday, September 11, 4pm -6pm
    Shooting Bay 6

Feel free to bring your rimfire rifle, wrap around eye/ear protection, and some ammo to give steel challenge a try. (Regular Practices will be on Wednesday evenings from 6:oo pm to 7:30pm).

Please direct all questions/concerns/inquires to Coach Alex at scholasticactionshooting@associatedgunclubs.org

Disclaimer 1: SASP is not for brand new / untrained shooters. Participants of all ages (grade school through college) must be trained in the safe handling of firearms and be able to demonstrate such.

Disclaimer 2: SASP will require a certain level of parent involvement. The ratio of shooters to coaches is no more than 4 to 1. Adult volunteerism. No adults = No program.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Email sent. Probably won't be able to make the open house, but my son has seen me do enough SC that he wants to learn how.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Update: this is coming along pretty nicely. There was an information session on Zoom on Monday night, and it looks like we have enough kids for a squad. First practice is in a couple weeks, which my son is excited for (and so am I, to be fair).

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Update: this is coming along pretty nicely. There was an information session on Zoom on Monday night, and it looks like we have enough kids for a squad. First practice is in a couple weeks, which my son is excited for (and so am I, to be fair).

Glad to hear that things are moving along. My guess is it will be very small at first, which is probably for the best.

alex_plus7

Sep 3, 2020
    Look forward to seeing all of you at the Demo Day! I appreciate you posting here or PMing me if you plan to attend.

Here are some details:

SAFETY

Participants need to bring their own firearms, eye & ear protection, and ammunition. Please keep all firearms cased until a volunteer instructs you to uncase it; bring firearms & ammunition in case to the AGC Action Bay Pavilion. Participants will be able to engage the array once, completing five sets (25 shots total).

Schedule

I'll be set up at the AGC Action Bays pavilion. Come by & say hi! Starting at 4:00 PM, every 20 minutes I'll open the range up for folks to try out the arrays. The last time will be 5:40 PM.

I'll also have registration forms on site if you want to fill out the paperwork.

Contact

PM me with any questions about the Demo Day or Scholastic Action Shooting here in Maryland! Or e-mail me at: scholasticactionshooting@associatedgunclubs.org

More info, including the event page, on our Facebook page.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Look forward to seeing all of you at the Demo Day! I appreciate you posting here or PMing me if you plan to attend.

Here are some details:

SAFETY

Participants need to bring their own firearms, eye & ear protection, and ammunition. Please keep all firearms cased until a volunteer instructs you to uncase it; bring firearms & ammunition in case to the AGC Action Bay Pavilion. Participants will be able to engage the array once, completing five sets (25 shots total).

Schedule

I'll be set up at the AGC Action Bays pavilion. Come by & say hi! Starting at 4:00 PM, every 20 minutes I'll open the range up for folks to try out the arrays. The last time will be 5:40 PM.

I'll also have registration forms on site if you want to fill out the paperwork.

Contact

PM me with any questions about the Demo Day or Scholastic Action Shooting here in Maryland! Or e-mail me at: scholasticactionshooting@associatedgunclubs.org

More info, including the event page, on our Facebook page.

Thank you for taking this on Coach Alex. This has the potential to be a great thing for the kids, parents, State of MD, and all of the AGC Clubs. We look forward to supporting your growth every step of the way.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    From Facebook:
    Just a reminder there's only one week to signup! Fall registration ends September 11th. Please contact Coach Alex or Coach David (you can message this page) to get started

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom