Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old October 18th, 2020, 10:03 PM #61
The Hebrew Hammer

The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
I totally understand the urge to be budget friendly when starting out. That said, a $400 shotgun just is not going to work for and you WILL end up regretting it. This is a fact and not my opinion. Personally, I subscribe to the buy once / cry one theory when it comes to firearms, but it is understood that not everyone is able to do that, nor do they want to when first starting out.

That said, if you want to be budget friendly and still have a functioning shotgun, then shop for an Stoeger M3K
This times a million. A couple hundred bucks more gets you the shotgun you really need for this sport. Plus, with the M3K, you can spend another five or six hundred bucks later and wind up with a shotgun that is entirely capable of winning in national matches.
Old October 18th, 2020, 10:16 PM #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBimmer View Post
https://atlanticfirearms.com/product...x-702706998680

budget friendly?

I saw that and thought if I was buying a SA shotgun this might be it.

But a Stoeger M3K and be done with it. I shot a 2 gun match one time and went out the next week and bought it. Never had a malfunction with it, itís been flawless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbird7282 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2020, 09:35 AM #63
21st Century Hoplite

21st Century Hoplite

Just posted yesterday on the York Pistol blog:

Quote:
Saturday, October 24th we will be hosting another Fun Shoot.

There will be 5 stages with 20-30 pieces of steel on each. There will be no timers. You will not need a holster. You may use either if you like. This is a laid back event and you can do just about anything you like as long as you're safe. You can shoot any standard caliber handgun or carbine (no magnums or anything faster than 1300 fps). Shotguns are fine to use with low brass 7.5 or 8 shot. 22lr is OK. .300 BLK subsonic is ok. You can switch guns between stages, You can use two guns per stage (max). Two or more people can shoot as a team. On all 5 stages two people can shoot against each other if they want to. Just be safe. Kids and new shooters are welcome.

All guns should be unloaded before entering the club grounds. Handguns will be carried without any magazine inserted in a holster, bag or case. Long guns will have chamber flags (which we have for sale) and in a cart, case or on a sling. Eye and ear protection is mandatory, at all times, even for spectators (which are welcome).

The entry fee is $20 for 18 and over. $5 for under 18. There is no advance sign up. Just be there before 8:30 am if you want to shoot (after 8:30 if you want to be a spectator). We will do a match briefing at 8:45 and be shooting by 9:00 am.
https://yorkpistol.blogspot.com/

Fun with language...When it says, "You will not need a holster. You may use either if you like." Something that is not a holster is not something that can be a part of an "either." Grammar Nazi, out.
Bikebreath is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting