• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Still working on it. I’ve reached out to a friend that builds sites for some assistance. I probably could have figured it out on my own but it’s tough to commit to mentally after a full day’s/week’s worth of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    It’s empty, but it’s done, I think. Feel free to check it out. Let me know what you think. It’s pretty basic so far.

I am hoping to work with WVCDL to get the word out with their network, and will also put some money into Facebook ads to start directing some traffic to it.

I’ve also got some business cards on the way to drop at any gun store I can find.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It’s empty, but it’s done, I think. Feel free to check it out. Let me know what you think.

Just signed up and dropped a howdy note there.

NOTE: the user account process is typical WordPress, and easy enough to do ... BUT: the email from the system (with the new user verification link) appears to come from "WordPress" (not from the site's name). That's trivial to fix.

NOTE TWO: The sign-up verification email landed in my spam folder. That might be harder to fix. A lot may depend on how your server is set up (is it sending the email directly, or is it relaying the outbound mail through a trusted third party sender, etc). If you don't have all of the SMTP and DNS ducks in a row, a lot of your outbound alerts/messages may wind up flagged as spam - and you'll spend a lot of time dealing with cranky users as a result. So, look into that for smoother sailing.

You may want to modify the content on the account creation page (or on the "Success!" alert that pops up after the account creation first step is complete) to remind people that the email they're looking for may be in their spam folder.

Good luck!

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Just signed up and dropped a howdy note there.

NOTE: the user account process is typical WordPress, and easy enough to do ... BUT: the email from the system (with the new user verification link) appears to come from "WordPress" (not from the site's name). That's trivial to fix.

NOTE TWO: The sign-up verification email landed in my spam folder. That might be harder to fix. A lot may depend on how your server is set up (is it sending the email directly, or is it relaying the outbound mail through a trusted third party sender, etc). If you don't have all of the SMTP and DNS ducks in a row, a lot of your outbound alerts/messages may wind up flagged as spam - and you'll spend a lot of time dealing with cranky users as a result. So, look into that for smoother sailing.

You may want to modify the content on the account creation page (or on the "Success!" alert that pops up after the account creation first step is complete) to remind people that the email they're looking for may be in their spam folder.

Good luck!

Thanks! I’ll check these things out.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    registered and posted a bit. Passed the word along to a buddy who is huge in the WV competitive shooting scene, so hopefully that will help with traffic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom